Any interest in Chesnut?

samarb

I will be offering for a client some Chesnut all between 20cm and 45cm DBH very straight. Am interested if of any value to anyone and what lengths are needed. All is available roadside am looking really of offers on price per tonne or m3. If anyone is interested or has any useful information please let me know. Cheers

It's sweet, the owner will have it for firewood if no interest but wants to reduce liability of cost if he can, it's very nice wood to so would be a waste just to chip it, some stems are over 60ft high and dead straight. There is also a lot of it at, I reckon 40 tonne.

I'm not being funny but why would you fell that much chestnut without some idea of value and potential markets. I was always told with timber never to speculate, in other words always have a buyer before putting it on the ground.

What is the access like, can you get an artic to it, if so is there any more to make up a second artic load?

Hi sam i would be interested in a bit of it, not the full 40 tons maybe 5-10, i would cleft it for post and rail or stakes. do you need a hand felling it? i live in luccombe and am always on the look out for extra work cheers liam

Hi Liam, funny I haven't heard of you before since your only a few miles from me, you be right in the middle of farmer territory. I'm on site at 0800h but available most of day as on another site just up road tomorrow if you fancy having a look and a bit of a chat, am meeting someone interested in using it for fencing coming down so may all be gone, but open to highest bidder. Hi nick, there should be plenty going as amount operated on can be changed to maximise return , in answer to your statement I'm in the business of charging for cutting down trees if the client can recuperate some of this from the sale of wood I will facilitate this as much as possible, but I don't guarantee anything and expect the client to take the sale of the wood as nothing other than a little bonus from a job that needed doing anyway.