Flashing

jaime bray

Just a heads up really.

You know when you get flashed to do a right turn and your towing a chipper/trailer, how many times do you see the person that flashed you through, brake suddenly to avoid the dirty big chipper that they didnt see you were towing.

I always, now, proceed with a very slow speed to enable the chipper to be seen as early as possible. Its soo easy to lose a valuable tool, as is the chipper, get written off in this way.

Just a thought. Stay safe. There are some very busy people on the roads these days that are doing alsorts of things when they drive and do not concentrate on the road.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, many times I have thought I hope they see the chipper , as you say many people do not see it until they are almost on top of it especially early in the morning. Like you I tend to make the turn as slow as possible so they have time to view whats being towed.:thumbup1:

Yes, many times I have thought I hope they see the chipper , as you say many people do not see it until they are almost on top of it especially early in the morning. Like you I tend to make the turn as slow as possible so they have time to view whats being towed.:thumbup1:

I wince and a sigh of relief is emiited everytime I make a safe turn!!!

I've had a guy put the socket of the chipper in up side down so the indicators are reversed (right flashing when indicating left...) a motorcycle then whent to undertake on left side as he thought the van was turning right and...... "bang!!!" Not a happy motorcyclist but stupid mistake and luckily nobody was hurt but lessen learnt!!