combi systems

harvey b davison

I'm thinking about the echo pole pruner at the minute, either that or the hitachi/tanaka one. Dont think makita do one.

Are you talking about the echo combi or the polesaw that takes the hedge cutter attachment? Pole saw with hedge cutter is a great bit of kit but very heavy for everyday use. Unless you have an ELH that is :001_smile:.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stihl kombi is rubbish, but proper bit of kit to do the job. the stupid plastic bits in the end of the shafts keep coming loose then the tool rotates in the coupling then you overtighten the bolt eventually ripping the thread out of the poor quality recycled aluminum coupling head. and the 2 little bits of metal that are ment to rotate the spline so to align with head snap off, which dealer was happy enough to replace but how the heck do you get out the old snaped off bits still in the shaft head??

gear box on hedgetrimmer bearings failed after a year, and i swear there was no grease in it from new only a few pumps that i had put in periodically.

plus it just sounds like a bag of bolts!

stihl kombi is rubbish, but proper bit of kit to do the job. the stupid plastic bits in the end of the shafts keep coming loose then the tool rotates in the coupling then you overtighten the bolt eventually ripping the thread out of the poor quality recycled aluminum coupling head. and the 2 little bits of metal that are ment to rotate the spline so to align with head snap off, which dealer was happy enough to replace but how the heck do you get out the old snaped off bits still in the shaft head??

I have exactly the same problems as above. I first thought it might be the 130 engine being to powerful but the 90 has the same problems. It does the job very well but have to keep a stock of plastic sleaves and bolts to keep them serviceable. Come on Stihl, get it sorted.

• 3 weeks later...
Trouble is when that one engine goes and you can't do a different job with one of the other tools while it gets fixed. :001_smile:

I have used Stihl Kombi tools for last 4 years without a problem. I have a KM 130 engine

and use the strimmer, hedge cutter (plus extension), leaf blower ( excellent peace of kit).

I have metal cutters accessories for very long grass. I fully recommend.

I have used Stihl Kombi tools for last 4 years without a problem. I have a KM 130 engine

and use the strimmer, hedge cutter (plus extension), leaf blower ( excellent peace of kit).

I have metal cutters accessories for very long grass. I fully recommend.

Further to Shillo Senior member who thinks they're rubbish. It's true you will have to buy extra plastic sleeves where the Kombi tool couples to the main unit and wing screws too as these tend to wear. Depends how often that you use the machine. As a gardener I find it a brilliant machine. Tip! Buy extra strimmer nylon line on a roll. It is so easy to thread on an empty spool and will save money. I bought an extra strimmer head so that when one empties you always have a spare to fit. The leaf blower is very useful extra and the hedge cutter extension tube.

• 6 months later...

I'm needing a new strimmer / brushcutter. Doesnt need to be heavy duty this one, just for gardens and allotments etc. I was looking at the cheap echo ones in screwfix ( they're about £220 ). Are they any good, will they take both line and blade, or am i better with something else ( not stihl ).

I'm needing a new strimmer / brushcutter. Doesnt need to be heavy duty this one, just for gardens and allotments etc. I was looking at the cheap echo ones in screwfix ( they're about £220 ). Are they any good, will they take both line and blade, or am i better with something else ( not stihl ).

hello i bought a tanaka combi hedge trimmer strimmer and pole saw last year iam very pleased with this machine alot less money than stihl combi

not sure if makita or dolmar do a combi set