Help with 560!

James1993

Hope someone can help.. I have got a husqvarna 560 and it is running like a bag of nails.. Took it to a work shop and they say it is the oil we use in our fuel which is stihl and that we should be using only husqvarna 2 stroke oil.. Was just wondering if anyone else has had any trouble?

The shop we got it from had run it in already.. So if the auto tune isn't set up properly how do I go about sorting it.. Is it something I can do myself or into a work shop?

from the operators manual

Engine adjustment

The following steps should be taken when the chain saw

is started for the first time or when outside circumstances

change (fuel, altitude, air filter etc.): Start the engine.

Accelerate the engine to full throttle and saw a number of

cuts in a thick log (3-5 min.).

The chain saw must be run (8,000 - 12,000 rpm) the entire

time so that the carburettor can adjust itself.

It just keeps stalling and the power isn't really there and it is less than a month old so have a right mind to take it back but was just wondering if anyone has had any trouble.. Cheers for the help I will have a look! :)

As I said in a past post Husqvarna should supply a large chunk of hard wood with every saw so you can set up the autotune . I had to redo mine after the fitting of a new carb and hotter plug . Its fine now .

Your dealer needs to get upto speed on these saws!

Some of them do run like this from new and need remapping. If the proceedure has been followed as in Charlieh's post it needs taking in. If your dealer doesnt sort it, take it to another who can get the software to do it.