Silky bit me!

pault

Yeah second one is worse as a cut. Doctor has sent me off to the hospital as it hasnt stopped bleeding yet.

Guess the message i was trying to put across was just be safe and dont underestimate the sharpness of a silky, even small punctures like mine can cause lasting damage as mr lofthouse has found out. Better to be safe than sorry. Wish me luck.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although these silky cuts are indeed quite small a couple of recomendations for your first aid kits.

1) decent sized bottle of wound wash

2) packet of steri strips which is what they use in A&E for minor wounds. Its like sticky tape and holds your cut together.

You can patch up get it dressed and be back at work in five minutes.

The second one is worthy of a steristrip, the first one ... well... a lick and carry on:001_smile:

Edit: The second one is the classic Silky wound by the way, you'll keep it tucked in now aye. Did that finger to the bone myself, but only once

Mine was a secateur cut as i said ive done couple other fingers with a silky though its not pretty 5 stitches was last time i cut my finger with a silky. Them strips are very good to have in the first aid kit as are the special finger bandages you can buy.

Mine was a secateur cut as i said ive done couple other fingers with a silky though its not pretty 5 stitches was last time i cut my finger with a silky. Them strips are very good to have in the first aid kit as are the special finger bandages you can buy.

You gotta stop leaving them fingers sticking out mate:001_smile:

If it weren't for steristrips there'd be nothing left of me:001_smile:

You gotta stop leaving them fingers sticking out mate:001_smile:

If it weren't for steristrips there'd be nothing left of me:001_smile:

Tell me about it its been ages since ive cut myself with a silky though touch wood ive learned its not good fun silky cuts moved onto clean cut secateurs instead :sneaky2:

I was swapping a hedge cutter from hand to hand, way up a ladder and facing out with my back to the hedge, with the blades still moving.

The end result was an entire hedge cutter blade in my left bicep.

God knows how or why I did that.

Some wash then steristrips then dressing, all one handed......lucky it was in the left arm.

Then on with the job.....I've been up north too long:001_smile:

here we go... injury story time....:001_smile: