Silky bit me!

pault

Had a nice wee job today pruning an apple tree and rowan, until.... my silky got tired of abuse it suffers and decided to bite me! Didnt bleed at first but then it started. just a trickle then squirting! At this point i realized id hit my vein (very close call). Luckily had my first aid kit handy so pressure went on with a bandage. Finished the job and went to parents as they are both docs. Update of a tetnis is required i think. This is after about an hour and a half under pressure.

Remember silkys can be your best friend if you are nice to them.:thumbup:

Be safe!

IMG00030-20121026-1439.jpg.6f39cce6624d75a460cb68bb0874ff60.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a few stitches from various silkys nasty things im always real careful with them now and havent cut my self in ages with one touch wood. I did however last week cut my finger to the bone with a pair of felcro secateurs! now that bled like ive never seen before.

[ATTACH]103332[/ATTACH]

Nasty!! Didnt think mine was that bad but when you see blood squirt out it makes your arse go funny! :laugh1: Hope you havent done any nerve damage dude. The old man thinks i may have hit a nerve as my fingers have gone numb. :thumbdown:

Thats not a proper silky cut mate thats just a scratch :001_tongue:

Ha, yeah it appears that way but i promise you it is deep enough to cause damage to nerves and hit a vein. But just for you ill try to be more Chuck Norris like in the future like you. :001_tt2:

It's the scratches sometimes that cause the most problems.

A couple of month ago I ever so lightly tapped my wrist with the silky, it left three elongated pin prick holes.... No worries I thought.

Next day my wrist was aching....after a days work a lump came up near the sunken bit at the point where your thumb pivots. Two months on I experience pain every minute of the day every time I move my wrist.

Been to the doctors...anti inflammatorys wait...doctors again no change..refer..still waiting.

I have jagged my wrist directly over a tendon and I reckon I have nicked the big tendon and damaged the sheath it runs in, I reckon the tendon will have a Frey on it which is causing the pain.

Looking at an op to put it right and probably 6 -10 week recovery :001_rolleyes:

Had a few stitches from various silkys nasty things im always real careful with them now and havent cut my self in ages with one touch wood. I did however last week cut my finger to the bone with a pair of felcro secateurs! now that bled like ive never seen before.

[ATTACH]103332[/ATTACH]

!!!!!

Bit ironic it should be caused by secateurs though, thought you hated gardening?

Although these silky cuts are indeed quite small a couple of recomendations for your first aid kits.

1) decent sized bottle of wound wash

2) packet of steri strips which is what they use in A&E for minor wounds. Its like sticky tape and holds your cut together.

You can patch up get it dressed and be back at work in five minutes.

The second one is worthy of a steristrip, the first one ... well... a lick and carry on:001_smile:

Edit: The second one is the classic Silky wound by the way, you'll keep it tucked in now aye. Did that finger to the bone myself, but only once

Edited by Albedo