Chainsaw trousers ruined?

Gravityalwayswins

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine it's less to do with melting the fibres and more to do with them getting jumbled up.

Aren't they supposed to de 'dried flat' like a woolly jumper to make sure everything stays where it should be and not get bunched up?

A solution would probably be to tumble dry them so they're still damp and the stopping can be smoothed out, then spread them out and finish them off by air drying...

I can appreciate that as they do cost a lot of money but if they are'nt just saying it to cover themselves and you end up with 3 less pints of blood due to being unprotected then I'd say its an unnecessary risk - much in the same respect as seat belt usage only affects you in an accident. But hopefully you'll never have to find out anyway :001_smile:

Looking at it from the other side though people in hot countries don't wear c/trousers.

i work in western australia and i wear chainsaw trousers, gets pretty hot here! and ive put my pants in the drier before was more worried about them shrinking :laugh1:

Hi all,my first post so please bare with me.The reason it is not recomended that you put chainsaw trousers in a tumble dryer is the clogging material can bunch up leaving areas that you cant see exposed if an accident did happen.It can in some cases cause the fibres to shrink.

As a supplier when asked about washing protective trousers is to wash on a low tempature with little or no detergent,make sure the trousers are zipped and button up then drip drip.

hope this helps.

Hi all,my first post so please bare with me.The reason it is not recomended that you put chainsaw trousers in a tumble dryer is the clogging material can bunch up leaving areas that you cant see exposed if an accident did happen.It can in some cases cause the fibres to shrink.

As a supplier when asked about washing protective trousers is to wash on a low tempature with little or no detergent,make sure the trousers are zipped and button up then drip drip.

hope this helps.

I dont understand the logic behind this, my washing machine has exactly the same action as the tumble dryer.

If its not recomended to tumble dry why is it permitted to wash and what does the quantity of detergent have to do with it?

I dont understand the logic behind this, my washing machine has exactly the same action as the tumble dryer.

If its not recomended to tumble dry why is it permitted to wash and what does the quantity of detergent have to do with it?

Because when they're wet you can redistribute the blocking material throughout the trousers by hand by smoothing it out, when they're dry you can't....:001_smile: