Any tips on shipping climbing kit to NZ?

pat1987

Im off to NZ at the end of november, getting away from another UK winter. am planning to ship my climbing kit, possibly a 200t? and also 1 or 2 mountain bikes. any tips would be good, have heard everything has to be well cleaned. anyone know any good shipping companys to use? will also be looking for work when i get there. thanks in advance

Pat

Im off to NZ at the end of november, getting away from another UK winter. am planning to ship my climbing kit, possibly a 200t? and also 1 or 2 mountain bikes. any tips would be good, have heard everything has to be well cleaned. anyone know any good shipping companys to use? will also be looking for work when i get there. thanks in advance

Pat

Why do you want to ship your kit out? Are you intending to contract climb?

wouldnt have thought so (contract climb), just thought it keeps my options open, allows me to rec climb, use my own kit if i wish at work, and i know its history etc. and if i did want my own kit it seems so expensive over your way.

point taken though, could just come without and be provided with kit. dont really need to bring a saw do I.

thanks, all input is apreciated (or most anyway):thumbup1:

I wouldn't bother with the saw and basic kit like spikes if you're only coming for a short period. Awful lot of kit to lug around. I'd bring your harness if you're not keen on climbing on a bog standard, and any flash gear u climb on such as a SJ as these don't tend to get dished out too regularly for short term employees. Most companies will provide the basics anyway for a new climber, including PPE. It might not be top of the line stuff but it'll do what's required. And you definitely shouldn't be providing your own saws as this is pushing towards contracting.