Echo challenges the Stihl top handles?

scotspine1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just think its funny that you would have so little regard for anothers equipment, but you will carry a brush to avoid contamination of fuel and oil on a saw

having so little regard for som1's equipment is using kit how it shouldnt be used... the chipper was more than capable of chipping what was put threw it. the only reason it jammed was that the anti stress didnt kick in due to us not having being trained on the machine and not knowing to put the side lights on)... it is a monster of a chipper and when the anti stress does work, it swallows 12 inch logs quicker than the tiimberwolf can take a small branch.. it wasnt put threw as a laugh, mearly to test the capabilty of the machine,

so befor you come up with these wild acusations please brush yourself up on the facts rathr than attack me for no reason

i just think its funny that you would have so little regard for anothers equipment, but you will carry a brush to avoid contamination of fuel and oil on a saw

and as for the contamination bit its actualy to wipe the dust of to stop it entering the tank and to clean out the air filters espesh the ms200t

Edited by WoodED

Don't think it's that hard to pour fuel and oil in a saw without messing up, it's odd that you criticise a product down to something that is user error, considering it was user error when you damaged that chipper yeah you weren't trained in using it but that to me means you shouldn't be using it. So if someone's using a saw or refueling it and isn't trained to fill it properly then it's not the saws fault if someone messes it up.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Don't think it's that hard to pour fuel and oil in a saw without messing up, it's odd that you criticise a product down to something that is user error, considering it was user error when you damaged that chipper yeah you weren't trained in using it but that to me means you shouldn't be using it. So if someone's using a saw or refueling it and isn't trained to fill it properly then it's not the saws fault if someone messes it up.

Very true Ewan, I also would like to point out that there are many, many saws with caps "close together", this certainly isnt the first. I'm not even sure the arguement even stands about wrong liquid in wrong hole, that happens just as easily when they are at either end of the saw!

I have a 192t(that has caps "close together") and to date, it has never been incorrectly fuelled, yet it seems to happen occasionally on others!

The "muck transfer" arguement just shows lazieness IMO.

It looks good and I'm all for trying something new but I'm not that keen on the filler caps so close together either.. Having said that, I'd give it a fly. Is it in direct competition with the 201? Or closer to the 192? We haven't really seen too much of the Echo out here.

Anyhow, all that said it does look quite a nice thing, perhaps with a 10 or 12" bar it maybe well balanced. I have echo trimmers and have been very impressed with durability, build quality and design. My local dealer is also an echo agent, so may be worth an ask for a price.

In all fairness, I dare say its more comparable to the 192 although on paper it should be similar to the 201, but those little 192's can sure pack a punch, especially after a basic muffler mod, so there maybe a little scope there on the echo?

Going on what else is currently available on the market, I'd say this little saw is well worth a punt, especially given the price:thumbup1:

but you will force maximum capacity timber through a PTO chipper for a laugh?

Don't see a problem with this. If a chipper takes 9 inches then 9 inches it will take. It's called getting the job done. If it won't take anything like what hey say it can then its a useless chipper. Ours is nine inches and it will take that all day. I have tried to abuse it with connie but it just sucks the lot.