the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

Not todays job but mondays gone, DAF mini FTP tag Axle (shite) picked up on threads cos the last idjet that fit new hub nut used a chisel to put the indent in the flare to lock/stop the nut coming undone. This in turn had split the thread behind the flare so when you come to undo the nut next time the threads are already damaged!!! [emoji849][emoji35][emoji36] and just for good measure it would also appear that they didnt want to refit the hub with any form of grease/lube either!!! Hence i had to pick up my clubber lang and get angry even more!!!

IMG_4537.jpgIMG_4538.jpgIMG_4539.jpg

• Like 1

In technical parlance 'shagged ' [emoji20] maybe a few in scrap yards ?? K

No i saved it Khriss, i had a m50 x 1.5 die nut so i managed to make it take a fresh hub nut again. Happened to both sides, you only need to put a small indent in the flare of the nut to stop it coming undone, end of a heel bar and a small knock with hammer would suffice, but mr nobody had proper clubbed at it with a chisel. I did have pictures of it redressed and built back up, but i’ve just got a new phone on Thursday and a load of random pictures have disappeared from my photo library!!! The finished article ones being some of them... typical!
  • Like 2

Wee bit of Sunday 30ft Cherry managment. Highland councils idea of tree management on left in both shots. They infuriate me. Arb mismanagent everywhere, amature cuts everywhere & killed one off by 'silver leaf'. Boils my piss.

IMG_20200817_1610413fb.thumb.jpg.deb03edda1fc76d0c895a0ee9a7c508b.jpg

IMG_20200817_1614403fb.jpg

• Sad 1

Last photie. Looks a bit sketch to me woody. Is that bucket holding the whip? Nylon line...yup, lifted marine inboard engines out on that stuff but it can melt...why not fell it toward the open ground from the lateral?

Edited by TMac

Bucket not holding whip as was well away picture not showing how far away it was, could not fell on to lawn as tree own didn't want hole in shrub boarder and if i could of would of felled in one with lower limbs removed. Got 2 more larger ones to do at same property and they can be felled 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woody paul said:

Bucket not holding whip as was well away picture not showing how far away it was, could not fell on to lawn as tree own didn't want hole in shrub boarder and if i could of would of felled in one with lower limbs removed. Got 2 more larger ones to do at same property and they can be felled 

True enough....not dissing yer skills. Ye just can never tell from a one dimensional flat photo woody. Ever put a Dutchman in to turn it where ye want it to go? It's an art. Shrubbage aside. 'Hole in shrub border' :D

Edited by TMac