the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

5 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Like all attachments on these machines, you have to be realistic.

It excels at lifting, most other things it does ok at.

I’ll have a look at the relief valve pressure (just for you) but I had an 8.4 before and it was the same.

I see firewood suppliers out here with splitters with winches to bring meter billets to the splitter, serious stuff. Even then, splitting a meter long piece that’s not ideal (no knots, perfect species) is not a formality.

At 85l/m for a 9.5, id say they excel at flow rate also ?? Sounds like you need a bigger ram to take advantage of this flow rate. 

essentially it looks like the log splitter is underspecced for the carrier. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Of course, I started out here doing it by hand, then I got a stand alone petrol splitter which was great, then a 50cm ram on my Kubota tractor, then this with a 1 meter ram.

It doesn’t have the flow to push through a full meter billet, which was a disappointment,

but I made €500 splitting wood today, and it does my personal splitting for the house.

I'm not charging enough. I struggle to get half that for a long day with a 20ton tow behind splitter!

Yours looks a nice setup though, I must admit.

If you were stacking ton bags would it stack them 3 high? I'm on the lookout for a mini loader, (second hand, cant afford new and dont want finance) was eyeing up a manitou buggiscopic but it was a bit too rough. Need a bit of outreach and minimum one ton lift.. also has to be easy to drive as the girlfriend will be using it at times!

33 minutes ago, Conor Wright said:

I'm not charging enough. I struggle to get half that for a long day with a 20ton tow behind splitter!

Yours looks a nice setup though, I must admit.

If you were stacking ton bags would it stack them 3 high? I'm on the lookout for a mini loader, (second hand, cant afford new and dont want finance) was eyeing up a manitou buggiscopic but it was a bit too rough. Need a bit of outreach and minimum one ton lift.. also has to be easy to drive as the girlfriend will be using it at times!

You do cooking and let the girlfriend drive the truck ?

3 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

You do cooking and let the girlfriend drive the truck ?

I've no problem doing the cooking, ive never produced something she couldn't swallow!

however I bet her to it on the truck licence! She should hang her head in shame, her old man ran a trucking/coach company.

• Haha 1

Nice setup. You have some really cool kit!
Thanks Conor, the valtra with the roof mounted and chipper unfortunately arnt my machine but belong to a good friend of mine who we have a really good working relationship with and frequency help each other out.
  • Like 3