WoodED

the 'todays job' thread

Yes I totally agree, with the Jensen, you slow the rollers in feed speed, so then the flywheel does not slow as much and there for you get a more general feed. Rather than the  the stop start like you had in your vid

cheers

Sure you can slow the feed rollers, then the flywheel won’t slow and the no stress won’t kick in, but why would you?

Edited by Mick Dempsey

I'll put it like this, if you shove as much in your mouth as it will take. You then have to try and chew it and then swallow, maybe have a sip of wine to wash it down. Then have breath of air before you shove as much as you can in again.

or if you put a bit in and chew and keep chewing while still feeding your mouth have a sip feed a bit more, chew a bit, feed a bit. Etc.   It’s all about the sweet spot, in your feeding habits.

the same goes for a chipper..😉.  Wmmv...🤣

I forgot to take a picture on today’s job as I was having too much fun playing around in the Avant but had to take this pic when I got back to my yard. I love this thing. With some weights on the back I really didn’t sweat lifting off this Oak from the trailer.

BC083621-D8B2-43B9-B336-2756D02D661C.jpeg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Those fellas should be lifting with their legs, not their backs. 

Groovy looking chipper, mobile and mean. 

Some ringing and splitting of oversize and processing the rest with mog power. The rings on the right were handled whole, those on the left were halved or even quartered then split.
Shed is 10 mtrs by 5.5 deep and full to the back wall. 20190218_150153.jpeg20190219_170736.jpeg20190212_172927.jpeg20190220_152803.jpeg20190220_164719.jpeg

• Like 5

Replacing the odd fence posts on a post and rail fence I put up 10 years ago. Had a job getting solid bits of post out of bottom of hole so welded a large coach screw to a bit of rod with eye at top drove it through rot and into solid wood them screwed it in and pulled it out with loader.

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0061.JPG

• Like 6