the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

12 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

We're rolling.

IMG_2158.JPG

IMG_2160.JPG

Linseed been cut 2 weeks ago . Started on barley but rain stopped play mid week . Hay baled and wrapped .

Edited by Stubby

3 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Linseed been cit 2 weeks ago . Started on barley but rain stopped play mid week . Hay baled and wrapped .

First day here, we've got a young lad with us, 13, not a bad driver but he's slowing things down because he won't keep rolling while the combine is unloading. I'm going round to jump in with him to speed things up, the bloke who owns the place is going to jump on the second tractor.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

First day here, we've got a young lad with us, 13, not a bad driver but he's slowing things down because he won't keep rolling while the combine is unloading. I'm going round to jump in with him to speed things up, the bloke who owns the place is going to jump on the second tractor.

When they get a bit more time ( skill ) they should be able to move front to back with the out shoot so it covers the whole area of the trailer .  ( as you obviously know ! )

• Like 3

Just now, Stubby said:

When they get a bit more time ( skill ) they should be able to move front to back with the out shoot so it covers the whole area of the trailer .  ( as you obviously know ! )

Yeah, it's his first year to be fair. I'll get in the tractor behind him to (hopefully) give him a bit of confidence.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

You probably know the lad on the combine, Ant Barnes?

No how he work for. 

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

First day here, we've got a young lad with us, 13, not a bad driver but he's slowing things down because he won't keep rolling while the combine is unloading.

Better off in trailer then on the floor, he will get it with help. 

4 minutes ago, woody paul said:

No how he work for. 

Better off in trailer then on the floor, he will get it with help. 

Dom Kiddy, and yes, for a young'un I think he'll be fine. I've been in with him for about an hour and he's getting the hang of it.

• Like 4

My clients 'Xmas tree' weighed 2.2t

Our local tip has a new weighbridge and I thought I'd make use of it out of curiousity.

I tipped first thing then returned for the rest of the wood later this morning.

Only the second time I've ever weighed an entire tree, chip, wood and rakings.

I was so thrilled that I posted this to 'The Dull Club' on FB 

Stuart

IMG_20210729_101043.jpg

IMG_20210730_120436.jpg

• Like 3