the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

You’re right about the wet weather climbing and skidding around slippery trees. One thing I won’t miss is having to warm up my hands on the exhaust of the 200 when it’s real cold trying to get the blood flowing back to the fingers!

Had to abort today’s Ash reduction next to the river as the wind was crazy and rigging over the graves would have been near impossible so went and tried to tame this little Oak. Was previously reduced some years back and had erupted into a mass of epi so just a case of thinning out some bulk and removing loads of dead growth. IMG_3990.jpg

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Did my first small tree job with my new gear on, at least I look the part. 😂

The wee Stihl battery saw was great for zipping off branches. 😉

stihl uniform.jpg

Can you not afford the boots to finish off the look. 

Not using window cleaner ladder either. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Can you not afford the boots to finish off the look. 

Not using window cleaner ladder either. 

Now now, we all started somewhere 😉  thought i was lucky to get a pair of those old kevlar slab trousers when i started in FC. K

• Like 2

Got another two small trees to remove and will give it a go. Probably leave trousers out of boots in future, because they were full of sawdust. Maybe put down a board to stop my saw touching the monoblock when cutting up for the chipper. An old pallet would be a good idea until the time comes for a road toed chipper. Its a learning curve trying to make the job as efficient as possible.

Scotspine is that you ??? This has got to be a wind up ..... I’d give up now if that took 3 hours and you need to put a board down to stop you putting saws in concrete blocks or the ground!
  • Like 6
  • Haha 8

£40 from Screwfix, waterproof and steel toed. The tree was that height as it had been cut a few years earlier. Ladder was to cut off the branches. Took two of us 3hrs to cut and chip it all up and into logs. Dug around base and cut below ground level and replaced soil so no need for stump grinder which customer was very pleased about. Hard work, now realise why you all have a 3 man team and start and finish early. Yesterday got talking to the tree surgeons working round the corner from me doing contract work. They had a year old s80 tracked chipper. I asked how its been and they said its great when going but its been cutting out now and then and they don't know what's up with it. We had a good chat about it, it seems like a loose connection. I asked about the Greenmech and he said stay well away from them as the council had one and it fell to bits, probably the old type as it was years ago. Looks like TW still top of my list if I decide to up grade in future. 

What did you do for the other two and a half hours?
[emoji6][emoji106]
  • Haha 1