the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

3 hours ago, Ian Flatters said:

V-rigging over some underground septic tanks this morning. I do always forget how handy this setup is. IMG_20190213_101357.jpegIMG_20190213_112011.jpeg

You know, I have never done this, though I understand it's applications.

I could have used it to good effect yesterday and today.

Did you remotely set the other anchor point?

You know, I have never done this, though I understand it's applications.
 I could have used it to good effect yesterday and today.
Did you remotely set the other anchor point?

Josh just jumped over to the sycamore whilst getting setup. We've used it more in the last few weeks than I have in years. I do like it's application it certainly helped keep it clear of the septic tanks, up a gentle slope and over a Holly. My Norfolk legs don't really enjoy hills.
  • Like 1

IMG_0963.thumb.jpg.3b1a596d392f0f5011c27e3bc0377673.jpgIMG_0964.thumb.jpg.279ea962726e31bf6e700f0f3ca24ffe.jpgIMG_1046.thumb.jpg.b603a06df6c61fb33ad99f29037d485e.jpgIMG_1047.thumb.jpg.5de691726da9b9dce1504c2816973be1.jpg

Beech takedown from today, lots of cradle rigging and blocking down but went nice and smoothly.
First time properly getting some GoPro footage and have some decent shots. I’ll make a post on here once I’ve scratched my head whilst editing it.

That looked nice and snug! ?
  • Like 1

Taking down these four today (two left at time of photo). Because it wasn't in anyone's way, we knocked over the right-hand middle tree first, whole, sadly not pictured, then I took apart the leaning one on the right closest to the wires, also sadly not pictured. After a quick cup of tea, the boss took apart the biggest one in the middle whilst I was chipping and directing traffic (small one-way street below the four trees behind a terraced wall, crumbling because of the tree roots, which is why they had to come down), then I took apart the smaller one on the left.

(Edit to add... there's also a home heating oil tank hidden in a little plywood box under my leftern tree, which is why we couldn't knock them over.)

20190215_125823.thumb.jpg.77dedfb8e53bc4708facd7d30cc7b3d5.jpg

20190215_130209.jpg

Edited by peds