the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

13 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Nicely done.

I see this spec quite a lot, and always wonder what drugs some people must take.

Mate, try working for some of my local councils...

I genuinely had a tree officer come out and tell me that if any residents wanted anything else doing, just keep them happy...

• Like 2

Some recent ones.
Decent sized ash stump to grind, that the guys took down a few weeks back "found" 4 rugby ball sized rocks in the stump.
2 pops to get on the deck ASAP before too much commotion/press turned up
One or 2 avenue trees to prune

Great pics of your work Josh. What sort of temperatures are you working in over there?
And what gloves do you use?
Coldest I’ve climbed in was -6c but the wind chill was a good bit more, that was when we had the Eastern cold blast at the beginning of the year. Hardly ever wear gloves and I didn’t have any that day. My hands were in trouble by the time I got down.

Cheers @TIMON, The temperatures are'nt too bad yet, hovering around 0, did drop to -13 last week. Coldest I've worked in was -30 something. 

Luckily i've warm hands, thin nitrile dipped spandex work gloves work for most days, then Tegra winter work gloves for the colder days.

Nothing special, but good to have a spare pair to change into if they get wet

Cheers [mention=42782]TIMON[/mention], The temperatures are'nt too bad yet, hovering around 0, did drop to -13 last week. Coldest I've worked in was -30 something. 
Luckily i've warm hands, thin nitrile dipped spandex work gloves work for most days, then Tegra winter work gloves for the colder days.
Nothing special, but good to have a spare pair to change into if they get wet

-30c , wow that’s gulag territory, for sure. I bet sweating isn’t a good thing in those sorts of conditions either.
[emoji106]

Exquisite morning flopping a big scotty onto a road. Happily started climbing with a 60cc saw, 4 gobs and back down to tidy road. Farmer assistance with tractor for tidy up then boshed the stem over the wall, tractor picked the lot up, home for lunch.

Thankfully the 361 cheap Chinese coil I just fitted worked well and the troublesome geckos didn't gaff out either, and it was sunny. 20181203_102942.jpeg20181203_103843.jpeg

• Like 4