the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

12 in a day - well industrial

what are the best outlets for a lot of conifer chip? I see it all layed out in the field there, and wondered how you could find a home for it. I'm not up on the horticultural properties of different chip, but is it conifer not a good mulch?

It isn't good mulch, but it is useful for weed suppression, paths, podgy areas etc.

The customer kept all the chip in this case simply to keep costs down, and they had a big paddock.

Horsey people are always keen on conny chip, so are people with poultry or fowl.

It isn't good mulch, but it is useful for weed suppression, paths, podgy areas etc.

The customer kept all the chip in this case simply to keep costs down, and they had a big paddock.

Horsey people are always keen on conny chip, so are people with poultry or fowl.

thanks for the pointers - customer keeps sounds great if you're a smooth talker

f2deece0cd3ee4054367e3bd10a1344b.jpg

Call out from a chestnut that failed onto the road, cut everything off the inside and used landy winch of a redirect to role the bugger back over the wall and off the road. added fun was the swarm of wasps around the place, only got tagged 1ns.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

I see the LR on arbtrader has winches front and back - is this so you can stop the vehicle moving when winching? Do you have to do anything to anchor when using the winch, or does it just rely on the vehicles weight for most jobs?