the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

1 minute ago, AHPP said:

Man plans, god laughs.

Yes I had similar thoughts. The flooding is caused by bottlenecks that man has created by building things in the town, but we'll solve it by changing nature somewhere else...

Nevertheless, enjoyed the job and it makes for a better day at work than hedgecutting.

• Like 1

A few recentish bits and bobs, works been manic with new staff coming on board and others moving onto grasses greener in other counties. I rolled the stump grinder through forgetting I was working on a 17 degree slope without putting the dual wheels on (being lazy and paid for my laziness), then smashed a lot of teeth and pockets off on a large piece of metal. Clearing windblown over the highway, Norwich Cathedral site and asbestos covered roofs and oil tanks. Enjoyed having a play in my mates 2.6t arb digger was nice, just showed how underpowered our little 1.8t is. IMG_20210909_110905.jpegIMG_20210908_070054_333.jpegIMG_20210904_122146_457.jpegIMG_20210831_150432_223.jpegIMG_20210902_112354.jpegIMG_20210828_103011.jpegIMG_20210828_150423.jpegIMG_20210826_160110_931.jpegIMG_20210826_160111_005.jpegIMG_20210810_114146_894.jpeg

• Like 6

What’s with the ring/block setup though? It love like the rigging line is going through both? 

I store my rigging rope pre threaded with a big pulley and a big ring in that order (on separate deadeyes). Someone on the ground then only has to find and tie on the bundle of stuff from one bag when you ask for it, not look around for separate bits. There’s no threading or dropping anything in the tree because everything’s already set up. If the main rigging point pulley is enough, the ring just sits with it, similar to bigtreedon’s picture. If you need a redirect, the ring is ready to take with you. The obvious extension is a ring/pulley in the bundle before the main pulley for a predirect but it adds more mess than convenience. Thread a ring on from the bottom or attach a pulley/biner midline if you need a predirect.

3 hours ago, bigtreedon said:

It do go through both why not ?

I didn’t say not to, I was just curious why? Seems extra hassle to pull up and tie off a block that isn’t getting used, and I wondered if it was liable to be damaged by the ring resting against it. 

Or do you have both so that you can loosen off the ring and use the pulley for winching, or something along those lines? 

Edited by Mr. Squirrel

I didn’t say not to, I was just curious why? Seems extra hassle to pull up and tie off a block that isn’t getting used, and I wondered if it was liable to be damaged by the ring resting against it. 

Or do you have both so that you can loosen off the ring and use the pulley for winching, or something along those lines? 
I set it up like that in that scenario because it helps slow the speed of the rope returning back up to the pulley incase of any mistake buy the ground man pulling the rope up to the main anchor when I am out on a limb or far away it ! I also like how the rope runs them both very smooth and zero damage to the pulley its really easy to install added a picture the set up its different pulley but u get the ideaIMG-20210913-WA0002.jpeg
  • Like 1