the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

Cracking logs there, chaps. I just had cavity poking this week[emoji52]K
I was just really impressed with our guy Connor as he's got a forester and arb background. I think I said if of messed that up and ruined the timber about 20 times. It's been really interesting learning about the differences between arb and timber work.

Although I did feel inspired and found up my logging tape (then modified its design) and he's going to give me some pointers next week. IMG_20210326_211647_257.jpegIMG_20210326_211647_279.jpeg
  • Like 1

Another day lining them up and knocking em down. Seems to have been a bit of it recently. Felling in between buildings using conventional felling cuts instead of humboldt to leave them on the hinge a bit longer. No saw logs in this lot of snot so not fussed.

IMG_1616874938.982610.jpgIMG_1616875007.352760.jpgIMG_1616875079.187161.jpgIMG_1616875092.757286.jpg

• Like 8

I've been on a job with 'no clear up', crown raising, deadwooding, storm damage and made such good progress that the quote now looks a bit cheeky.

Well, if it had rained we'd be much slower of course.

The client, keen to participate, time on his hands, beavering away with a Bosch electric chipper, achieving in a day what 5 mins with a 6" would. He's now fagged out so tomorrow out of goodwill I'll bring in the GM and let him feed it whilst I drink his coffee. I've also lent him Mrs Lee's battery Stihl for his stick fetish.

I didn't drop the price initially for no chipping because stacking is an arse and harvesting wee sticks for kindling a costly affair.

Across the way a 12" Bandit roared on and off all day long. A site clearance, house and trees to be razed for another cluster of wee building plots where the only trees will be fashionable olives.

Stuart

IMG_20210330_142027.jpg

• Like 7