the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

Out on site visits, scoping potential jobs and a tree inspection which took me within the vicinity of this majestic specimen - The Darley Oak. Good to see plenty of vigour in the early bud formation. Reckoned to be over a 1000 years old. Kind of puts a human life into perspective. 

http://www.ancienttreeforum.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Darley-oak-for-Pro-Arb-Feb-2016.pdf

165C1C10-F68F-4C25-8DC9-5F33676D8642.jpeg

• Like 7

IMG_1616363375.598265.jpgIMG_1616363564.446692.jpgIMG_5574.jpgIMG_5559.jpgIMG_1616363691.348347.jpgIMG_1616363699.367409.jpg

Bit of site clearance from earlier in the week. Can never get the videos to upload from my phone which is a shame. Didn’t take many pics of the site but general conifer bashing and felling quite a few Doug firs.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, lux said:

IMG_1616363375.598265.jpgIMG_1616363564.446692.jpgIMG_5574.jpgIMG_5559.jpgIMG_1616363691.348347.jpgIMG_1616363699.367409.jpg

Bit of site clearance from earlier in the week. Can never get the videos to upload from my phone which is a shame. Didn’t take many pics of the site but general conifer bashing and felling quite a few Doug firs.

Impressive array of hardware on display there lux!

Laying on the chipper infeed though, didn’t dwell on that pic for long 😳

Impressive array of hardware on display there lux!

Laying on the chipper infeed though, didn’t dwell on that pic for long [emoji15]

Plenty of toys. The big tracked chipper and Volvo were just hired in for a couple of days.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2021 at 15:55, JaySmith said:

Churchyard Ash reduction from today, Inonotus present so significant end weight reduction on some elongated limbs. Loads of targets: railings, headstones, memorial plaques, shrubs etc

IMG_4014.jpgIMG_4012.jpg

Nice shape Jay, and I know you’re just a hired gun, but did the contractor not discuss Chalara with the Diocese?

• Like 1

Nice shape Jay, and I know you’re just a hired gun, but did the contractor not discuss Chalara with the Diocese?

Cheers mate. The spec was put forward from the local TO, as far as I’m aware they haven’t discussed it but I didn’t get involved. The broken Inonotus bracket was visible on one of the stems at about 35ft so could have been seen on a VTA and the growth on the tree isn’t great. Lots of snappy growth points and deadwood throughout the crown. If I was a betting man I’d say that it will be coming down in the coming years due to location and targets. Shame really as it’s been there a while and almost part of the landscape
  • Like 2

Let's keep our feet on the ground with this thread and be a bit mundane for once... 😊

Wednesday was a cracking day mostly; thoroughly enjoyed splitting some copper beech at this location less than 3 miles from Gatwick.  Lovely spot to work.

PXL_20210317_143512961.MP.jpg

PXL_20210317_143526334.jpg

PXL_20210317_143542847.jpg

• Like 4