the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

On 20/12/2020 at 09:14, lux said:

Ask Santa for some track matts for Christmas......

Chuck some boards on the deck around the stump too. Makes clearing up a whole lot easier and leaves the job looking really good after you are done.

They have maybe 3 or 4 plastic track mats and maybe a dozen boards, they rarely get used.

You're right though, it would make it easier and would make for a much better job. It's not my choice to not use them.

They have maybe 3 or 4 plastic track mats and maybe a dozen boards, they rarely get used.

You're right though, it would make it easier and would make for a much better job. It's not my choice to not use them.

Total madness. Totally unacceptable doing that to a customers garden especially when they have the kit to not to do it. A little bit more care and that garden would be left mint.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lux said:

Total madness. Totally unacceptable doing that to a customers garden especially when they have the kit to not to do it. A little bit more care and that garden would be left mint.

Tip of the iceberg!

Apparently he's rotovating it so he's not fussed, but i agree, it should've been left as it was when we arrived.

• Haha 1

Tip of the iceberg!

Apparently he's rotovating it so he's not fussed, but i agree, it should've been left as it was when we arrived.

Looks like most of it’s be done for them [emoji23]

Always easy to comment from a keyboard but i would definitely say a key factor in repeat business is going the extra yard to leave a job mint. In a saturated market full of tree surgeons its little details that keep customers [emoji106]
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lux said:

Looks like most of it’s be done for them emoji23.png

Always easy to comment from a keyboard but i would definitely say a key factor in repeat business is going the extra yard to leave a job mint. In a saturated market full of tree surgeons its little details that keep customers emoji106.png

It was drummed into me to always leave it better than you found it .

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, lux said:

Looks like most of it’s be done for them emoji23.png

Always easy to comment from a keyboard but i would definitely say a key factor in repeat business is going the extra yard to leave a job mint. In a saturated market full of tree surgeons its little details that keep customers emoji106.png

Absolutely. You need to stand out to keep people coming back. Anyone can do a crap or mediocre job. It's not my way of doing things, i'm quite particular about how i do my work (previously a mechanic) and i hate lazy sub-par crap work.

Yes, it's mostly done for them. His grass there is well and truly ruined. Quite a shame to leave the place in that state. ☹

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Absolutely. You need to stand out to keep people coming back. Anyone can do a crap or mediocre job. It's not my way of doing things, i'm quite particular about how i do my work (previously a mechanic) and i hate lazy sub-par crap work.

Yes, it's mostly done for them. His grass there is well and truly ruined. Quite a shame to leave the place in that state. ☹

There is the possibility that the customer said I don't give a fcuk and got the job a bit cheaper because of it ?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stubby said:

There is the possibility that the customer said I don't give a fcuk and got the job a bit cheaper because of it ?

I don't know if he said it prior to our arrival, but he did basically say that when we were there. I still would've rather left the place intact, for my own pride in the job. It would cost nothing extra to chuck some boards down.

Hey-ho..

• Like 1

Call out today to a split and fallen field maple across a garden. Thought we’d all done till next year, everything locked and chained up then the phone went late morning. Got there by 12.30 and away before 2 😁

had previously advised customer a year ago that it needed seriously reducing or preferably removing as the base was in poor condition.

will be back to remove the other two stems first job in January if the wind doesn’t bring it down before then 👍

98B25757-A3D2-4BCB-8FF6-11CB9C1C1FAE.jpeg

E616E778-1A95-4EA1-9774-CA3DC87BF644.jpeg

• Like 2