the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

2 hours ago, Khriss said:

@JaySmith  nice pruning job there, pity it may end in a fell ? cannot remember how many shit reductions i have seen that put a tree in decline.  K 

Don't get me wrong here, not saying thats amature cut in any sense, but if I had a pound for every shite pruning or reduction job I've come across by homeowners & wannabe arborists, where they think they are doing the tree a favour, lets just say I wouldn't need to work any more.

Edited by TMac
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Khriss said:

You should get one, Sam, practise yr pruning cuts. Once yr in harness, it good way to get yrself settled - reaching out in a tree. K

I don’t have anyone to work with and get experience ? most of the tree surgeons I have contacted do not work at the weekends  here on the Island and that’s the only spare time I am not working so I’m a bit stuck at the moment but I will find a way ? x

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Samantha48 said:

I don’t have anyone to work with and get experience ? most of the tree surgeons I have contacted do not work at the weekends  here on the Island and that’s the only spare time I am not working so I’m a bit stuck at the moment but I will find a way ? x

Lazy fecks...trees need attention no matter the day.... I go 24/7, sometimes on blue light runs wit the cops if needed. Wolf comes with me, rain, dark, gale....don't give a f*ck. 1pm...3am. Somebody flies that corner into 4000kg of wood, there's only gonnae be one winner. I'd take ye on, put ye through tickets, but I'm on the wrong end of the wrong island. Somebody will though, just hunt them down, annoy them. Lots of genuinely top lads & girls on here that would help ? 

Edited by TMac
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TMac said:

Lazy fecks...trees need attention no matter the day.... I go 24/7, sometimes on blue light runs wit the cops if needed. Wolf comes with me, rain, dark, gale....don't give a f*ck. 1pm...3am. Somebody flies that corner into 4000kg of wood, there's only gonnae be one winner. I'd take ye on, put ye through tickets, but I'm on the wrong end of the wrong island. Somebody will though, just hunt them down, annoy them. Lots of genuinely top lads & girls on here that would help ? 

Awwww that’s really kind I wish I could come train with you x I know it’s a burden training someone new with no knowledge but I’m so desperately trying to get into the industry and spending all my spare time reading or studying. It is the tree work I need and I read as many conversations as I can on here trying to understand what your all talking about. I must admit it sounds like a foreign language still but I’m trying. I have contacted most of the companies on the Island offering to work for free in return for training but no one has accepted my offer because it’s only weekends ? If I could get an apprenticeship I would take it straight away and work weekends to pay my mortgage but being female and older I guess I’m off to a bad start ??‍♀️ I really love the work I see you all doing and I will get there even if I have to commute from the Island.  Your all so inspirational on this site and I’m so glad I found it x 

Thanks again Tmac ?

• Like 1