the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

14 hours ago, Ratman said:

I bought the electric 12 ton for home, cracking things for price i rekon, petrol or electric, its not been beaten on anything i’ve put too it yet, really pleased with it. Still contemplating on modifying it to single handle operation, but at the moment i’ve just took the plate off from between the levers and use my hand and forearm to operate it to split, then flick my arm over and use back of my arm to return it. Speeds the job up a lot. emoji106.png

Aye, cracking bit of kit. Sits on the Ifor trailer happily, gets through garden gates easily. Went for the Briggs/S engine becuase I'm not into using clients resources & plus you are fully free wherever, whenever, as with the chipper, saws etc. Thing did 9 hours flat with my groundie the other day, on one tank of unleaded & still had a slop in there. We were running some over sized blocks through it as well...well beyond the guide bars, sailed through it. Gonna look into the single lever mod as well. Seen some very cool retro engineering on these somewhere... ?

IMG_20201023_1249071arb.jpg

IMG_20201023_1249157arb.jpg

2 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

Single lever mod isn't a great idea if an employee is using it, people have been prosecuted for that after accident occurred. If it's you at home for your own use then hse law not applicable.

The groundie is quite gnarly though, picked the splitter up in his forearms & walked it onto the Ifor. Cleans his teeth with my chain grinder. [I'm dead if he sees this ?]

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Nephew has an Instagram account. So over posting a bit on this thread!

Good thing about IG S the link is only one photo so it’s up to you if you look at the pics (last one is of my dog btw)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGz_fMHMYu7/?igshid=rpwr817vtrzh

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 4