the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

21 hours ago, weFF said:

hmOxqQM.jpg

kdyfAiY.jpg

qCfAgEK.jpg

10 long hours 

That's a lot of tree out in 10 hours!

No tree work at the moment for me, as my mate that i work with is out of action following a kickback incident that opened up his forearm.

But 2 more saws arrived today (T540 MKII and 550 MKII) completing my work saw lineup so spent a bit of time cleaning the two new ones then taking a family photo.

20201014_151314.jpg

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Moose McAlpine said:

That's a lot of tree out in 10 hours!

No tree work at the moment for me, as my mate that i work with is out of action following a kickback incident that opened up his forearm.

But 2 more saws arrived today (T540 MKII and 550 MKII) completing my work saw lineup so spent a bit of time cleaning the two new ones then taking a family photo.

20201014_151314.jpg

Was using my 540mk11 for the first time today. It made a good impression.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Was using my 540mk11 for the first time today. It made a good impression.

Good to hear!

I've only started it up and not cut with mine yet, but itching to have a go. Place i'm working at has a whole load of 201Ts and i can't say i like the feel of them anything like as much as the 540. Also the starter "feel" of the 540 is much smoother.

That baby T525 is a lovely little saw, nicely balanced and has plenty of power for something so small and light.

1 minute ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Good to hear!

I've only started it up and not cut with mine yet, but itching to have a go. Place i'm working at has a whole load of 201Ts and i can't say i like the feel of them anything like as much as the 540. Also the starter "feel" of the 540 is much smoother.

That baby T525 is a lovely little saw, nicely balanced and has plenty of power for something so small and light.

I have a couple of 201s which are retired now, and a 201tc which I can’t get on with, stalls in the cut, all round a bit shit.

I had a mk1 540 which cut gréât but had a couple of build failures, but I thought I’d give it another go.

10 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Good to hear!

You working round N. London Moose ?  K

14 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

I live near Brent Cross but i'm currently working for a firm right by Heathrow, mostly fixing their machinery. (Mechanic by trade, trying to switch.)

Hmmmm. Wonder if there any yard  space available over there?  K

2 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Not really, place is a mess. Mountains of woodchip and logs. What is it you're after, storage or workspace? Any particular area?

Place for my portakabin offic and couple of vehicles is all.  I am more S. London now. K