the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

5 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:
9 hours ago, Tommy_B said:
Fosters is just Day lager! 
Apparently in Russia anything less than 15% was considered a soft drink unless recently! haha

I installed a machine into a factory in Bavaria that had a beer machine next to the soft drink machine in the hallway. When we pointed out that drinking and operating machinery seemed a bit odd to us the answer was indeed "Well it's only beer".

When we visited our daughter in Berlin, a couple of things amazed and disgusted me. Firstly, we were on the U Bahn, and I pointed to a lad drinking a can of beer, asking if he would get into trouble for openly drinking. I was informed that it's virtually de rigeur to have a drink on such journeys, and that there are drink outlets everywhere for this purpose. 

Secondly, in what we can call a Kebab Shop, I came across a beer fridge that would have been the envy of many an offie in the UK. Probably also, the start of WW3! At times, I'm ashamed to be British, when I see how other countries deal with alcohol. 

1 hour ago, Ratman said:

That your latest one Mark? Smart little thing emoji106.png

Hooper is Danny’s dog mate, climber I work with.

Little cracker, 14 weeks.

My two labs haven’t been out with us much recently, too hot in the cab and they’re happy at home with company.

• Like 1

Hooper is Danny’s dog mate, climber I work with.
Little cracker, 14 weeks.
My two labs haven’t been out with us much recently, too hot in the cab and they’re happy at home with company.

Mines on her last legs ☹️ lump in her abdomen, probably cancer they rekon! Gutted i am, be a big hole when i lose her thats for sure! Looking like any day soon now too, shes getting more and more tired each day, eating less as well. Tails still wagging though at min so cant deprive her of any extra days if she seems happy under circumstances.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Mines on her last legs ☹️ lump in her abdomen, probably cancer they rekon! Gutted i am, be a big hole when i lose her thats for sure! Looking like any day soon now too, shes getting more and more tired each day, eating less as well. Tails still wagging though at min so cant deprive her of any extra days if she seems happy under circumstances.

I took my 17 year old Jack Russell on what I expected to be a one-way trip to the vets a couple of weeks ago (he’s never been ill but was deteriorating and wasn’t comfortable). Fortunately he sussed what was going on and has entirely stopped pretending to be ill now - he’s back to humping our lab’s head and generally being the boss of the world. 

There’s a sad day ahead but as long as he’s bright and not uncomfortable life is good! 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Ian Flatters said:

A few recent job pictures, playing up the yard, chipping on very soft ground, not thinking and driving onto dredgings, fishing branches out of the water and loving the reach of the platform. emoji106.pngIMG_20200630_123312.jpegIMG_20200629_133756.jpegIMG_20200624_104413.jpegIMG_20200619_142034-01.jpegIMG_20200619_113437.jpeg

Ian what's that screw splitter like on the little digger? 

Considering one for mine. Cheers Chris

Ian what's that screw splitter like on the little digger? 

Considering one for mine. Cheers Chris
Hi Chris,

It was £1300 new so I thought it was worth a purchase. I've only spent a day up the yard with it but have been plesently supirsed and prefer it much more than sawing it smaller and lifting them onto the splitter by hand. Trying to convert them into billets instead.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Danny Mac has been climbing for 20 years and reckons this is the largest conny he’s ever done (in terms of volume).

Genuine 80’ (measured) maiden Leyland which had room to grow.

In the usual titchy garden with shit access and a fair drag.

Pretty much all rigged, we got here today with a 4-man crew.

Thankfully all cord is staying in the paddock next door.

Meanwhile I’m having a vague argument on FB with some prick (Luke Pooley - are you on here?) who says he’s never taken on a tree that 3 men can’t do in a day if they’re good enough.

Good luck with that!

Or maybe we’re just shit?

9 m3 of chip out today, everything over 4” corded and stacked ready to be carried out to the paddock on Friday (shorter carry, the brash drag is a 50m bitch, the paddock has no vehicle access).

27BBE7EA-6932-4BB3-90A5-F9CADFA21557.jpeg

F98730D7-C720-48C7-8A68-64064AEC00D7.jpeg

8E6ED77F-91C3-4E1D-B23C-46861D421329.jpeg

• Like 13