the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

6 hours ago, Gray git said:

IMG-20200513-WA0013.jpegIMG-20200513-WA0014.jpegDSC_0641.jpegIMG-20200515-WA0004.jpegIMG_20200514_212005_191.jpegIMG_20200514_212005_202.jpegIMG_20200514_212005_192.jpegDSC_0642.jpeg

A few from last week removing roadside ash for a regular client, road closures wasn't really a option so stop traffic reach across a grab a bit worked well.
Bit of pretending to be a mewp settings winch cables and a remote control crane for the heavy timber

Is the basket fully functional yet? 
Still the best arb machine I’ve ever seen (and it’s getting better!). 

• Like 4

Is the basket fully functional yet? 
Still the best arb machine I’ve ever seen (and it’s getting better!). 
Yes it's all legal now with controls in the basket, actually is the same box that acts as the remote plugs into the basket and deactivate the tilt function and recalibrates the lift to give you a 300kg safe basket weight and warning if your coming close to this or outside safe working zone.
  • Like 3

I made a basic time lapse showing @Gray git and his mega Merlo in action. We didn't get started until 9.30am and the tree was down, chipped up and stem loaded onto trailer by about 12. All done without incident, and only breaking a sweat as we cut down the o ly available shade on a roasting hot day! I've had the pleasure of working along side it for two days this week, and it really does change your perspective of how to do tree work.

• Like 15