the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

DSC_0602.jpegDSC_0605.jpegIMG_20200430_192125_290.jpegDSC_0606.jpegIMG-20200430-WA0009.jpeg
Few from this week creating a woodland walk through a shelter belt mostly removing declining Ash and chipping onto the floor for the path surface while we could still see into the trees for any nests and work round them, big trailer coming very useful again and even coming home with the few bits of timber we didn't feed to the safetrack.

• Like 10

DSC_0602.thumb.jpeg.8c7f4e5a02e468018420050034184934.jpegDSC_0605.thumb.jpeg.cd50d5653fac5361705a5cbc34b2bae9.jpegIMG_20200430_192125_290.thumb.jpeg.ed609106fe0729eb8285475eaeb8dae2.jpegDSC_0606.thumb.jpeg.60c9df8b5243b8a0c0bfccf45a3b1386.jpegIMG-20200430-WA0009.jpeg.d4e15f3487e328260e04b55fadbfb9e3.jpeg
Few from this week creating a woodland walk through a shelter belt mostly removing declining Ash and chipping onto the floor for the path surface while we could still see into the trees for any nests and work round them, big trailer coming very useful again and even coming home with the few bits of timber we didn't feed to the safetrack.

Really like the valtra, well suited to us especially with the turning seat for the forwarding trailer and being guarded underneath. She's only 155 hp but plenty of bottom end grunt for pulling and very stable.
Hi-tech cabs are a bit simpler as mostly macanical lever's for gears and hydrolic but you'll never get away from some electronic controls.
Not had much to do with fent but they do seem to be mostly computer controlled these days .

• Like 1

Really like the valtra, well suited to us especially with the turning seat for the forwarding trailer and being guarded underneath. She's only 155 hp but plenty of bottom end grunt for pulling and very stable.
Hi-tech cabs are a bit simpler as mostly macanical lever's for gears and hydrolic but you'll never get away from some electronic controls.
Not had much to do with fent but they do seem to be mostly computer controlled these days .

Cheers Gary. It’s kinda what I was hoping to hear. I don’t want anything incredible. Just something to fit a timber trailer to with good ground clearance will do me just fine. I would rather a machine will as little computer based electrics as possible as if something goes wrong in the middle of a job I would like a half decent chance of fixing it myself.

Thanks again [emoji106]

I think stick with valtra better suited to tree forest work, much better base for guarding etc although newer models have both engine and transmission ecu.s ( had to have both ours replaced) and some of the newer ones have transmission problems! never easy making decisions, if you going for new then definitely get extended warranty as I know of a few people very disappointed

I think stick with valtra better suited to tree forest work, much better base for guarding etc although newer models have both engine and transmission ecu.s ( had to have both ours replaced) and some of the newer ones have transmission problems! never easy making decisions, if you going for new then definitely get extended warranty as I know of a few people very disappointed

Nice one thank you. Doubt I’ll be buying new as my pockets aren’t that deep. Looking for something in the 2012-2016 range and with 100-150 HP good ground clearance and a couple of spools for different attachments. Hoping I can find something for around or below 30k. It’s not going to be an immediate buy just something in the next year and only if I have the work come in for it. Looking at some other kit that I need for the time being.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, arbwork said:

a bit more here spec and budget!

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

61plate valtra T202 versu 50k 3571hrs. forestry rims and nokian forestry tyres 70% tread these alone are 9k new. this...

, I guess been used for mulching flail , but has the benefit of having gearbox and pto bits replaced

That’s a lovely looking bit of kit!