the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

13 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

Been on lyl Ratty a few times over the years, i take it is still running then if your doing railside works, just thinking it would be a good day out with grand kids,

Yeah still running and very busy , special Santa trains start running in December, we've been working on what they call "track week " when the railway is closed for 2 weeks for maintenance , my kids are sick of it now !

1 hour ago, Joe d said:

Yeah still running and very busy , special Santa trains start running in December, we've been working on what they call "track week " when the railway is closed for 2 weeks for maintenance , my kids are sick of it now !

will make a point of a day up there again when its a bit warmer, all our lot are on the Santa special from Haverthwait to lake side again this year they all enjoyed it that much last year it was booked again just in to the new year,

• Like 1

Wee community spirited freebie for the village primary school today. Made safe & we will turn it into a raised platform, pirate ship or something with big mooring ropes. Local 'authority', Highland council, left this tree in the play area as an impalement hazard. What is it they are an authority on again? Cuase it's no ecological tree managment or children...

IMG_20191123_1237057web.thumb.jpg.a1bf917bc7d6ca0e7f3f958216110c38.jpg

Edited by TMac
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, treevolution said:

Three Yew trees reduced by 1.5m from top and around 1m from the sides.

Didn't get to wet.

Looks good.

We took the crown off a decent sized Sycamore, heavy rain all day. Made it really slimey. None of us would have climbed it today it was so foul, with a cast iron street lamp in the garden right below it. Only managed to get it down as my mewp fitted in perfectly. Got to go back and get the stems and trunk down on Wednesday - when it will be raining again

Bleh...Yews as hedging...just dealt with 40mtrs of this for a client. Put in as hedging 15+ years back.  Tickled by a homeowner maybe 8 years ago...Nightmare to clean up & reshape. Like having a fight inside a spiders web not tall enough to climb, not behaving like a tree. Only plus side is I smelled of resin so long I didn't need a bath for at least a week.

Edited by TMac
  • Like 1