the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

3 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

It’s never been about the money Mick.

Just the chicks and the Likes.

Relatable.

Seriously, I bought a LR tipper, lost 40% capacity over the tranny, was a bloody nightmare, constantly driving around tipping.

It’s not just chip, there’s rakings and logs, to take out at the end of the day.
If you’re in domestic arb, evacuation of stuff is your biggest money maker and worst bottle neck.

Don't go backwards.

• Like 7

A few spruce removed from a local school, it was very tight removing the logs between powerlines and the netting behind the goalposts. (No room for valtra and trailer to get in.) 7 mog loads of chip and two small trailers of timber plus a 10x6 ifor load of rakings and clippings, used the iseki to mow the "pitch" at the end to give a neater finish and ensure the ground was as clean as possible. A Billy goat or similar would have been better but you have to work with what you have.
The tyres are nothing to do with me. They were there before. The valtra and trailer is not mine. 20191026_113413.jpeg20191026_162107.jpeg20191028_161843.jpeg20191030_152259.jpeg20191030_152410.jpeg20191030_155024.jpeg20191030_155130.jpeg

• Like 10

Class day helping prune ( hammer) by brother in laws olive trees and harvesting olives ( for oil, not eaters.) . We did about 50kgs of olives and they cut them back pretty hard here in greece every 3 or 4 years. Seems sinful to cut these lovely old trees back like this, but they seem to love it and its how they been doing it for years.

Crazy little toy like rakes for the olives, work real well though.

Had the pleasure of using my old cresto harness i gave my brother in law years ago, some old caving rope and a couple screw gate steelies, and an echo 2600, shorts and safety sunnies. 20191101_140000.jpeg20191101_140132.jpeg20191101_151233.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, EdwardC said:

Sitting around waiting for the road to be cleared. Been here an hour, and no sign of movement.

20191104_100157.jpg

That indeed calls fr a Carlsbergh ! Hate driving anywhere in UK now. If it ain't arse holes crashing into you- it's the excruciating holdups. K

• Like 3