the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

1 hour ago, bigtreedon said:

The conclusion to my weekend was pulling a willow tree across the river ouse I beat five other companies on the job not because I was dirt cheap but because I was the only that thought of going across the water with the tree ! The only other way out was up several embankments and over a walk way round a huge house and up a very steep drive job took total of 4hrs start to finish !

It's what you know and who you know on a job like that.

That's what I didn't want was the bits getting to the other side and just snagging on the bank we had 250hp pulling it the weakest link was the rope so I figured if we could alter are winchin point we should avoid any problems which we did that came up the bank lovely the stem was a good 3ft across wear I made the final cut
Did you have a rope on the tree side that you released to stop it drifting downstream and to get the rope back? Hard to see.

Nice work

5 minutes ago, billpierce said:

Did you have a rope on the tree side that you released to stop it drifting downstream and to get the rope back? Hard to see.

Nice work

I didn't mate just used big shot and throw line to get rope over to me then I attached the rope to each piece and made my cut and they pulled it across the river has quite allot of boat traffic that we had to deal with so minimum lines and the ability to just hey it across quickly was most important 

Edited by bigtreedon
Spelling
  • Like 2

Not 'exactly' a todays job scenario, but it was today that I heard that over 2 years from the start (Feb 17) when the client asked:

Q "...could you do me an Arb Impact Assessment..."

Q "...what's the situation and when do you need it..?

A "...pretty much straight away for an appeal - the original application has been refused because I didn't have one..."

So, after 2 applications, 2 appeals, the Town council and LA have been over ruled by the PINS.

And local authorities wonder why there are so many vacant, suitable plots not being developed when the need so obviously exists.  This scenario has been a terrible example of influence via Town council and Ward councillor at committee which has cost the land owner (and the tax payer) a considerable amount of money to ignore the planning officer's recommendation for approval and force the matter to appeal for a second time.

The PINS judgement comes with a MASSIVE sense of satisfaction and it was a great conversation with the client earlier.  The long fights are the best fights.... ??????

• Like 3