the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

I forgot to take a picture on today’s job as I was having too much fun playing around in the Avant but had to take this pic when I got back to my yard. I love this thing. With some weights on the back I really didn’t sweat lifting off this Oak from the trailer.

BC083621-D8B2-43B9-B336-2756D02D661C.jpeg

• Like 8

Replacing the odd fence posts on a post and rail fence I put up 10 years ago. Had a job getting solid bits of post out of bottom of hole so welded a large coach screw to a bit of rod with eye at top drove it through rot and into solid wood them screwed it in and pulled it out with loader.

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0061.JPG

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, bigtreedon said:

A little one to start me off ?

Bet that felt good!!!

I cut my left wrist, leaving a big beech part done.

Fortunately customer great and very understanding

Got sorted and got back and finished it a fortnight later. Boy did it feel good when I craned the last chunk onto the trailer and got paid. .

• Like 1

Bet that felt good!!!

I cut my left wrist, leaving a big beech part done.

Fortunately customer great and very understanding

Got sorted and got back and finished it a fortnight later. Boy did it feel good when I craned the last chunk onto the trailer and got paid. .
It did very satisfying its strange how we take what we do for granted until we cant then we miss it like mad ! Is your wrist a 100% better ?
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, bigtreedon said:

Is your wrist a 100% better ?

Yeah, cut a couple of tendons to my thumb, which they did repair, but were talking 6 to 12 weeks off work. I managed to pop the repair to them within a week (just sorting logs in the yard to keep the house warm) but I lost so little movement in my thumb I'm not bothered. Went back for a physio appointment and they were convicted I'd only stretched the repair and wanted me to keep resting. But I know I'd popped the repair, I had the same movement I had had after the cut and before the op. So I went back to work the day after and have worked since, a week and a half now.

Went back for another physio appointment today (put my splint on for the first time since last physio appointment) she was very happy with it and told me to keep resting it ?

• Like 2