the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

Just now, Ratman said:

Looks like a man up a tree that pedro

Edited to add words, see above

That is the boss up his tree, I did the two on either end today, and we did a straight fell on the other middle one because it didn't have anything leaning backwards. There was a little back road behind the trees, lots of lemmings, so much opportunity to ice a mother, but I managed to restrain myself.

• Like 1

Last weeks work. 34 conifers down and ground out. Had an emergency job come in on the Monday so I had to put it back a day and spend Saturday grinding the last stumps, wouldn’t have been so bad if they didn’t all have bloody iron bars in the trunks [emoji25]. 12 loads of chip but customers kept the thousand or so logs so that was a bonus. The predator 360 worked bloody hard and did me proud but out of curiosity any of you know the best way to sharpen multi-tip teeth? (I have about 50 dull now), also has anyone used the rock multi-tips? Worth the extra couple of quid?
The first pint went down pretty fast on Saturday evening.
IMG_0002.jpgIMG_0005.jpgIMG_0153.jpgIMG_0152.jpgIMG_0180.jpgIMG_0184.jpg

And the emergency a split out Holm Oak for a university I do some work for fun climb and it was just make safe and stack brash didn’t get many pics as we had to knock it out quick. The base was riddled with white rot and the standing steam was like a wobbly tooth.
IMG_0132.jpgIMG_0136.jpgIMG_0141.jpg

• Like 2

I sharpen multitips with diamond disc on a 4” grinder. (Wear a dust mask).
Bit fiddly and time consuming but can get a reasonable edge back if not mullered. I now use 2 multitips and two standard rhino teeth on my 360. Cuts better and easier to sharpen imho 

Nice one. Thanks mate. I’ve got some diamond disks knocking about at the back of the yard somewhere. I’ll Start the sharpening this week.
Cheers

Nice one. Thanks mate. I’ve got some diamond disks knocking about at the back of the yard somewhere. I’ll Start the sharpening this week.
Cheers

I was warned sometime back about sharpening grinder teeth.
Bit of a horror story but true.
Apparently they contain some nasty stuff.
I'd check the manufacturers recommendations.
Stay safe.
[emoji106]

I was warned sometime back about sharpening grinder teeth.
Bit of a horror story but true.
Apparently they contain some nasty stuff.
I'd check the manufacturers recommendations.
Stay safe.
[emoji106]

Nice one, yes I’ll check it out and if I need to just pass them on to a sharpening company I will. Cheers