the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

52 minutes ago, skc101fc said:

I used to try that too, now 3 1/2 yrs later the bottom frame warning stickers have just about gone to the afterlife , and horsing in 21'4" big logs with cranes and diggers has done for the lucas mill advertising !

Haha well its there to be used. Ive already bent a winch handle and ripped teeth off a blade. 

I thought it was just my mates round here that used ‘horsing’

Edited by kav
Wanted to a comment

Ripping teeth off is just one of many bloody annoying and costly occurences in milling. Re horsing , I see in your profile your Oxfordshire. I did my best days of my tree surgery life in Chinnor Oxon. Complete tree services, Hell I learnt some stuff, back in the days when we carried everything, horsed it out and climbed on 3 strand.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

That came out nice, got plans for it?

The customer is keeping the long boards-i think they might end up as a table or shelves. We had some of the smaller 2-3' bits, maybe a knife handle or 2 and hopefully find someone with more skills than me to do something with the rest:)

• Like 1

Few taken by iron Mike on todays job removing some big corsicans IMG-20180418-WA0000.jpgIMG-20180418-WA0001.jpgDSC_1901.JPG
And a good one from clearing some big pops yesterday, felled the tree along the woodland edge and lifted it over the fence and into the chipper with the forwarder. IMG-20180417-WA0000.jpg

• Like 4