the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

Unusual job..., customers relative had felled 16 x 30ft conifers with an AXE! and cross stacked them and left them for someone else to clear up... In this case.... Us.

Stinking job.

[ATTACH]196887[/ATTACH][ATTACH]196888[/ATTACH][ATTACH]196889[/ATTACH][ATTACH]196890[/ATTACH][ATTACH]196891[/ATTACH][ATTACH]196892[/ATTACH][ATTACH]196893[/ATTACH]

My first ever weekend job was similar! Some lady had a "Rastafarian bloke with an axe" fell a dozen conifers in her garden. He charged her £300 for a mornings work.

I charged £200 to clear them with an old double cab ranger. Took me 3 days!!!

My first ever weekend job was similar! Some lady had a "Rastafarian bloke with an axe" fell a dozen conifers in her garden. He charged her £300 for a mornings work.

I charged £200 to clear them with an old double cab ranger. Took me 3 days!!!

I can still smell the fox pee now. Glad I'm on a different job today.

Not happy turning up on a site to grind out a whole bunch of stumps to find a helpful digger driver had dug out some of them into a heap, buried some under a pile of soil and just left about 8 that I could get at.

Only priced them last Wednesday and site manager couldn't see the problem.

Now apparently I've got to get rid of the stumps as that's what they got us in to do, going to cost em more for sure!

Can you just grind them where they are now? I've had the same thing and just ground them on the floor in a pile. Not the neatest job ever but I sure as hell wasn't taking them off site.

Would need an excavator to lay them out but can't get 1 in at moment for the earth pile nd the pain was I'd hired in the tracked machine knowing the ground was soft so would require another hire once we could get to everything, luckily I'd done some indepth terms for this job and it said changes would be renegotiate but the original bill was still to be settled, or words to that affect, got to speak to head man at the development company on Friday as it was with him the job was arranged but also included the contracts on site who had a play with the diggers knowing fine well I was coming 3 days later to do them, ah well will let you know how I get on.

A few bits from today. Small oak reduction, ash fell and knocking some conifers down so they can assess/decide to keep them or remove them.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1452710652.518571.jpg.fb5eec95dbc7db1457ff3ceada9311e1.jpg

Neighbors "tree surgeon" cut the stubby limb in the second picture. I left it because the whole site is covered by a tpo. ImageUploadedByArbtalk1452710715.969643.jpg.3e257e0dacb6a56367944a0e20ab09f9.jpg

Oh and a survey which I was pricing. Same tree had 2 tags. One to re-pollard and one to fell it. ImageUploadedByArbtalk1452710771.704778.jpg.f7d36c49e086d6441f10ea37faab0107.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1452710613.700802.jpg.07391d8f61814df9631d512abdbcf455.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1452710591.586681.jpg.3856aa1b91c2b4925e6c5330a415869f.jpg