Loading a rack.

Alycidon

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have the albutt log grab and it makes the job of handling logs so much easier, we used to use the muck grab but found we kept bending tines and if kept going would need a new one. It's easier if have the proper tools!

Ive just loaded 60 tonne of cord onto a rack over the last week,i used a jcb 3cx with pallet tines,you just have to be carefull but soon get the hang of it,i used the 4 in 1 to grab the odd oversized piece.the best way i found was to have forks slight tilt to the floor go into the pile then tip slightly back and reverse out slowly then tip backwards and they tend to line up nicely against the bucket edge.saying that ive been on 3cxs for 20 yrs:lol:

When I was loading 5 to 6 foot lengths then that was a lot easier and faster with only an odd one leaping off. But these are long, 2.7m - 3m or so. with spacings on the arms of about a meter I have plenty of overhang.

I have tried what you suggest, maybe its because the pile is so tall that I get maybe 8 feet out and the ends of the logs tend to be held at one end or the other by the logs above, they then swivel off. Doing a straight vertical lift instead does not help much. Maybe I am trying to take to many at a time, working in a grass field in the wet I am making a mess as it is.

Looks like the grab suggested earlier in the thread may be the solution.

A

A

When I was loading 5 to 6 foot lengths then that was a lot easier and faster with only an odd one leaping off. But these are long, 2.7m - 3m or so. with spacings on the arms of about a meter I have plenty of overhang.

I have tried what you suggest, maybe its because the pile is so tall that I get maybe 8 feet out and the ends of the logs tend to be held at one end or the other by the logs above, they then swivel off. Doing a straight vertical lift instead does not help much. Maybe I am trying to take to many at a time, working in a grass field in the wet I am making a mess as it is.

Looks like the grab suggested earlier in the thread may be the solution.

A

A

You need forks that go out to at least 1500mm and dont walk back to the middle every few minutes. The ground between the cord and deck is going to be bogging after a few hours anyway so just get stuck in.

Hiya,

not sure I got an enquiry through for the pallet forks and grabs, do you email it?

The pallet forks with the beak retail at £1250+vat. Give us a shout and ask for the arbtalk discount if you are interested, I am trying to fill a load from the manufacturer at the moment!

Let me know if you want prices for anything else.

Thanks

Jim