Emigration

Lee Winger

Would you emigrate given the chance  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you emigrate given the chance

• Yes i've been seriously considering emigrating
    • Nope I love the UK and will never move
    • Never given it a thought

Ok my day has consisted of eating, surfing the net and nodding off. The weather down here today has been damp, dark and murkey all day to say the least. My kids have been bored stiff allday, if you take them out it costs an arm and a leg.

Work is pretty slow, rates are pi$$ poor, and running costs are a joke. Fuel prices look set to go up further next week!

So i've been thinking who amongst us would consider emigrating given the chance? i've done a poll.

I have heard in the last few weeks of several Brits, [friends and family] planning on emigrating to Australia, NZ, Canada and Ireland, some have already gone

P.S I haven't even touched the subject of house prices!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had an application in for 2 years now to move to B.C Canada, hopefully we'll be out of here within the next 12 months. I sure hope there's some climbing work available over there!

Where in B.C.? Competent climbers are pretty much always guaranteed a job, now rate of pay is a whole other thing. I live in B.C. terrible lace to live :proud:

I think its fairly tough to get into any of those countrys except ireland which is EU. Ive been told that ireland is pretty sound with a growing economy and muchos grantos for busness to be had.

I don't think its that hard to move to OZ or NZ, as long as you have some formal quals, kept your nose clean with the law for the last 2 years and your under 45, my mate went to an open day in London hosted by Australian firms, he got a job and sponser their and then, in fact he was offered 2 jobs, he's going to be a refrigeration engineer, though he had the chance to work for a firm fitting garage doors.

I don't think its that hard to move to OZ or NZ, as long as you have some formal quals, kept your nose clean with the law for the last 2 years and your under 45, my mate went to an open day in London hosted by Australian firms, he got a job and sponser their and then, in fact he was offered 2 jobs, he's going to be a refrigeration engineer, though he had the chance to work for a firm fitting garage doors.

Thats really great. Is there many of that sort of open days do you know? Is it a def 2 years nose clean (i havnt thrown a punch for over 4 years, but i got a bender for the last time i was outragously provoked! :angel: doing my best to be a good boy now though!)