Husky 254xp flywheel

Jim372xp

Been working on my mates 254xp and found the cast-in key has broken. got a replacement from a secondhand dealer on the net and found it doesn't fit properly . The flywheel in question comes from a 154se and has a slightly different center. is there any other make/models that share the same flywheel with the 254xp ,or is it a trip for a pricey new one at £100+ which i cant see my mate paying as it's a 15yr old saw and not worth that kind of money. can anyone help if they have a scraped saw or have one available sell. Will try 2 local chainsaw dealers in Tavistock to see if they can help. Part number for the original flywheel is 5035294-01 .

Cheers

Jim

Been working on my mates 254xp and found the cast-in key has broken. got a replacement from a secondhand dealer on the net and found it doesn't fit properly . The flywheel in question comes from a 154se and has a slightly different center. is there any other make/models that share the same flywheel with the 254xp ,or is it a trip for a pricey new one at £100+ which i cant see my mate paying as it's a 15yr old saw and not worth that kind of money. can anyone help if they have a scraped saw or have one available sell. Will try 2 local chainsaw dealers in Tavistock to see if they can help. Part number for the original flywheel is 5035294-01 .

Cheers

Jim

One or two 254s on ebay . Spud might help .

Just reuse old flywheel, the one with sheared keyway. It's not needed.

Ditto, the amount of people that think the key is used to drive the flywheel astounds me, aslong as the mating surface on the crank and flywheel are clean and the nut is correctly torqued it will work exactly the same. The key is only used for alignment.

Ditto, the amount of people that think the key is used to drive the flywheel astounds me, aslong as the mating surface on the crank and flywheel are clean and the nut is correctly torqued it will work exactly the same. The key is only used for alignment.

Not sure I totally agree as the key ensures the ignition timing is correct so the flywheel has to be in a pretty much exact position:confused1:

Thanks for the advice. have cleaned both flywheel and shaft and refitted and saw is up and running once again. I was confused why it went in the first place,i only removed it for pressure testing to see if crank seals was leaking which they weren't. Refitted and ran it for 5mins then bang the saw stopped?. The nut was tight which at first i thought i hadn't tightened it up properly but this wasn't the case. I know for future ref what to do if i come across the same problem. Bob thanks for the offer, if i should ever need one in the future i will pm you :001_smile:

Cheers

Jim