Would THIS offend you?

18 stoner

Not offended. id wince at it and say i wonder what discussion was held there then for that tree to turn out like that.

Then ask a member of the team if they had been doing saturday work after hours, in a purely joking manner aimed and said in a non confrontational way so as to not cause offence.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the conversation went like this;

client,i want it out, arb, well have you considered a heavy reduction of the tree to minimise the extensive ugly appearance that you proclaim from a tree in retrenchment and natural decline,

Client, no, arb, well the tree has been around for so many years, why dont we give it one last chance to make something of itself, we'll knock it about a bit and try and cause the tree to regenerate prolifically, as the roots and shoots have a equilibrium balance and they need to rebalance that equilibrium to be in harmony with each other.

Client i guess so, but i want it right back to these points.

Arb, well that could be detrimental, but i guess that as the tree may die, it will have another ecological use as it sees out it last days in the hands of your discerning guilty hands at such barbaric pruning work that you have requested, (said with a sarcastic smile and a willingness to do the work, as if done as correctly as possible you may lessen the chances of complete failure.)

Well then i wouldnt be so offended by it, but more sympathetic to the specifcation of the job. Some very conscientious people work for some not so conscientious people and have no choice but to carry out work that in their opinion is not up to best practice, however they do the work to feed themselves and their children.. as their boss will not get paid unti lthe client; uneducatedly, is happy with how their trees look.

LOL. But to be fair it is quite harsh, and maybe even extends beyond old school pruning methods.....

Jamie...i'm pretty sure thats probably exactly how the conversation probably went :sneaky2::biggrin:

Not offended. id wince at it and say i wonder what discussion was held there then for that tree to turn out like that.

Then ask a member of the team if they had been doing saturday work after hours, in a purely joking manner aimed and said in a non confrontational way so as to not cause offence.

Jaime do you write books? Your explanations are brilliant!

:biggrin::thumbup:

Jamie...i'm pretty sure thats probably exactly how the conversation probably went :sneaky2::biggrin:

i knew that was the reason behind you founding arbtalk.. you havent got a good tree job in you have Mr Bullman... The work was all yours... Although if this is not the case then said work is clearly as per the specification and should not be commented on without prior discussion and clarification of the poignant facts and without considered response from a legal representative