Temper, Temper!!!

aob9

my friend had a small old husky and the carb was playing up bad starting etc and set about it after throwing it down the garden with the throttle stuck wide open it landed blade first and dugitself into his lawn at full revs then set about it with a lump hammer after he had finished huffing and puffing etc and bits of chainsaw across the lawn he remarked how better and de stressed and added the saw is fixed for good and wont ever have to fix it again lol

As OP I have to admit to flinging a small husky 240 as well. It was my first saw and a total POS. One day while trying to start it yet again I lost my temper and bounced it off the concrete floor in my garage and kicked it under the bench where it lies to this day. Luckily there was no bar and chain on it so I managed to save the best bits. That's the some of my machine aggression to date though, I usually quickly calculate how much dancing on a piece of kit will cost and take it out on something else instead.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once visited the brother, as I approached I saw his wife standing outside the garage door, much foul and offensive language coming from within the garage.

then a stream of items flew overhead, kids bicycle, deck chair, small lawnmower etc etc.

I turned and left without saying a word.

When I later enquired what it was about he very calmly said he had had difficulty finding sommat that he had put away in the garage and the wife had admitted to seeing & moving.

Good job he lives in the country.

I try tend not to loose my rag too much- it generally ends up costing too much!

When I was working for someone he had a echo hedge cutter. Complete pics of crap, wouldn't start, wouldn't run, would drop apart- needed putting in the bin. Told the boss... He didn't do anything...... Months passed working with this fu$&@?g thing.

One day on a job I finally got it going, went up the ladder and crapped out wouldn't start and the fuel tank dtopped off covering me in 2stroke. That was it threw it off the hedge smashing it into pieces. Anyway I got it back together and the boss dropped in to see how we were going... He had a go with it, realised haw crap it was and bought a nice new one that day.

Now I have my own business/ staff if anythings not running/ working properly it gets fixed.

I used to be a cab driver and the company I worked for had a rather strange fleet policy. We had 5 Mercedes S500's, all top spec down to 190E's in tatters, no consistency. Most vehicles would be kept until they were gone completely, then replaced with new.

I got sent out with a Vito minibus one night and before I was a mile from the yard I turned back as the clutch was slipping badly. One of the managers came out with me and decided it was fine, even though it was slipping quite badly. He told me it was my footwork that was the issue.

I managed to do one trip with a single (fortunately skinny) customer, blowing smoke as we went, when on my way back to the pickup point it get the better of me: I put the handbrake on, put it in 4th, floored the accelerator and dumped the clutch. I took the handbrake off and it managed to drive maybe 20 yards forward up a little hill before it rolled backwards again. Kept the right foot firmly planted until I was sure there was not a single fibre of friction stuff left unvaporised.

Last week I got rather cross with one off my daughters ( not a machine I know, but a 5 year old can be a lot like a Ryobi sometimes, never doing what you ask of it). I managed to stay calm whilst talking to her, then tried to vent my anger by kicking an inanimate object. I now have two broken toes and both the nails from those toes were ripped right off...

I last lost my rag in about 1997! I'd done a 14 hour shift at work and went straight round to my girlfriends to babysit while she went out on the lash. She came home at about 1am and I was flat out on her bed. I got woken up by being tipped off the bed on to the floor and led by the arm down stairs and out the door and door slammed on me! So in my sleepy daze I turned around and kicked the front door

No damage to my foot but the door was snapped in half :blushing:

a few years ago, when working on a building site, i got so fed up with people unplugging my extension cable and / or nicking it, in a fit of rage i grabbed my axe and chopped the ends of every single lead i could find. everyone got slightly miffed with me, but they didnt bother me again, especially if i had my axe with me.