Temper, Temper!!!

aob9

I just laughed out loud while reading on another forum (sorry :sneaky2:) about a guy that beat the s**t out of his Stihl FS85 strimmer. It was totally unreliable and he had enough of it. The only way he could get any satisfaction from it at this stage was to do a Basil Fawlty on it.

So, anybody willing to admit beating the crap out of a piece of gear...........and feeling better for the decision????

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do this A LOT...

I'm usually a very mild mannered and calm sort of person.... but if I get some piece of kit giving me trouble, I come over all Hulk... and beat the living daylights out of it.... Doesn't matter if it's a car, tractor, washing machine.... [you want to see the state of our washing machine!!!]

I even destroyed a cycle pump because it wasn't working as I hoped.... My kids had no idea why daddy was jumping round like a caveman smashing this thing to pieces on the floor, I was like a mental orangutan.....

These situations always ends up with me making things suddenly much worse and uttering the phrase 'That's torn it'....

I don't do tantrums but I watched a guy take a flakey and shout ' square go ' on a poor little Robin hedge cutter, he threw it off a wall, ran up and kicked it, it flew over his pick up, he nearly broke his foot, shouted some more crazy stuff, picked it up, threw it in the pick up and drive off like herbie on nitrus!

We just stood there open jawed and terrified tbh:)

I was in a meeting many years ago when the boss got up, walked over to the door, then opened it so he could slam it shut (very hard) while still in the room.

Then he turned round to tell us - 'Thats how angry I am'

The next couple of minutes were like the Biggus Dickus scene from LIfe of Brian, all of us trying not to laugh or visibly smirk.

Losing your temper is one thing - and we all do it sometimes, pretending to lose it is just tw@tish.

I do this A LOT...

I'm usually a very mild mannered and calm sort of person.... but if I get some piece of kit giving me trouble, I come over all Hulk... and beat the living daylights out of it.... Doesn't matter if it's a car, tractor, washing machine.... [you want to see the state of our washing machine!!!]

I even destroyed a cycle pump because it wasn't working as I hoped.... My kids had no idea why daddy was jumping round like a caveman smashing this thing to pieces on the floor, I was like a mental orangutan.....

These situations always ends up with me making things suddenly much worse and uttering the phrase 'That's torn it'....

Your not going to die of a heart attack from bottling up stress, thats for sure :thumbup:

We have a fly tipped fridge and the odd washing machine dropped off down the bottom yard every now and then. Its grwat fun to let lose with a sledge hammer every once in a while. The only piece of kit i have lost my rag with was a KM130R 4 mix. It kept snapping back and nearly ripping my fingers off. So after the 5th pull it was given a two handed pull and i snapped the string and spring in 1 go. Needless to say we replaced the spring and cord and it is still in use. The best stress releiver for me is splitting wood. If i find a knotty piece, lots of curse words appeard and i pretty much get the red mist until it has split.