Manual pole pruner...choice of two

aob9

I bought some corona bypass loppers that looked really good but are pretty rubbish at lopping compared to fiskars ones, but maybe there other stuff in ther range is good? :thumbdown:

Corona 36-inch Professional High Performance Orchard Lopper (AL-8481)

Yeah but I was talking about the long arm pole pruners, which are nothing like loppers.

Moosie

On my Samsung Note - It's big, but it's good

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have always used these..

Corona TP6850 tree pruner 14 ft | F R Jones and Son

Unless someone knows better. please tell me.

Yes, I'm going to go for this one. AbbeyGardens have one in stock. The saw blade feature can act as a spare as I already have a Bahco.

Also cant hook the branches due to the way the cutter head is positioned.

That would pose a problem alright.

Thanks guys.

Edited by aob9

Speak to Sean Lenihan WWW.FORESTRY.IE : Forestry Tools & Equipment He's the Irish agent for Ars :001_rolleyes: , excellent quality , Japanese made. The shafts are notched so the height isn't just limited to each shaft lenght if you catch my drift. About €220 for the equivalent of the €400 Silky Hayauchi.I have got any connections with them , just a happy customer

Speak to Sean Lenihan WWW.FORESTRY.IE : Forestry Tools & Equipment He's the Irish agent for Ars :001_rolleyes: , excellent quality , Japanese made. The shafts are notched so the height isn't just limited to each shaft lenght if you catch my drift. About €220 for the equivalent of the €400 Silky Hayauchi.I have got any connections with them , just a happy customer

Thanks for the link. The Corona is purchased at this point but I see they have other equipment of interest. I would never have found this site only for your link and I have tried quite hard to locate online Irish retailers in forestry equipment.

I have used these for years. (I still have five of my original six rods that are now 15 years old)

Associated Utility Supplies Limited Glass Fibre Rods

Not the cheapest, but they will last along time. you can cut, prune, thread you rope into the tree, pull out hung up trees and branches.

And they are insulated to 11KV

Why would you want anything else

Pound for pound, I prefer the WolfGarten range of pruners. Good quality, hard wearing, for every day use I don't think they can be beaten. AND if you need a new part, you can pop into any gardening outlet and get them. I've tried many many makes, in the past, Wolf-Garten have lasted the longest, I'll stick with them.

Pound for pound, I prefer the WolfGarten range of pruners. Good quality, hard wearing, for every day use I don't think they can be beaten. AND if you need a new part, you can pop into any gardening outlet and get them. I've tried many many makes, in the past, Wolf-Garten have lasted the longest, I'll stick with them.

I second that i have been using some in the tree on reductions and love them they was given to me after allready having years of abuse and there still going strong will be buying again exellent quality tool IMO:thumbup: