Can I just fell

chopper brown

Hi,

I have 4 large trees the client wants removed. They have spoken to the LA there's no tpo, no conservation area. The client was told to download a form to fill in and send back stating what was being carried out.

Can I just fell or do I need to ring the tree officer to let him know what I'm doing. I don't really want them putting a TPO on and neither does the client.

cheers

I would never take a clients word for no tpos etc at the end of the day they just want what they want only takes 2 mins to ring planning dept and check it ur self some councils even have online databases to check online. As andy said if no tpo or conservation area equals no paperwork needed.

the council want to cover their backs......

curtain twitchers are the worst of the lot, i sometimes put a big board on the the tree in question, and note the this tree is to felled.

sometimes it works and the council don't a ringy ding ding from mr.angry:laugh1:

Don't know much about the paperwork side of it, other than we've had a notice of intent form to do for some trees in Pickering because they do fall within the conservation area. I'm surprised the customer still has to fill the form in, but if they've been asked to by TO then from what I can gather it could be 6-8 weeks before they reply.

P.S, think I passed you on the A64 near Knapton this morning - Landy looks a tidy bus :thumbup1:

Hi,

I have 4 large trees the client wants removed. They have spoken to the LA there's no tpo, no conservation area. The client was told to download a form to fill in and send back stating what was being carried out.

Can I just fell or do I need to ring the tree officer to let him know what I'm doing. I don't really want them putting a TPO on and neither does the client.

cheers

Are they exempt from felling licence ( e.g. within the curtilage of a dwelling)?

Thanks for all the replies. I had A feeling that was the case but always nice to check. The form to fill in was (according to the woman she spoke to) just to let them know what works were being carried out.

I have said that I would just ring the TO before carrying out any works but I didn't want to risk getting an order put on it because there are some very twitchy curtains opposite.

Cheers Chris the Landy's getting there, i just need to get the vehicle graphics sorted.

As Testcricket says, ring up yourself to make sure. Never trust anyone else, also get the name of the person you spoke to. Better to email (paper trail). When you ring them only ask if there restrictions on pruning trees at the address, and they will say yes or no. I wouldn't say " I want to take down four lovely ancient trees etc etc.." as it might alert them to nothing that concerns them!