GreenMech's Manufacturing Pedigree.

PeteB

On 26/02/2018 at 18:40, PeteB said:

I don't know of any records to be honest. As far as attachments were concerned, they could be fitted with a Nuffield linkage front or back with PTO. I'm pretty sure that a tipper circuit was fitted too. A picture of yours would be good if you can, send it by PM if you feel the need, we run a GM staff Facebook page and they like to see our previous products.

If you need specific info, I'll ask for you to see if anything comes up.

On 26/02/2018 at 18:40, PeteB said:

I don't know of any records to be honest. As far as attachments were concerned, they could be fitted with a Nuffield linkage front or back with PTO. I'm pretty sure that a tipper circuit was fitted too. A picture of yours would be good if you can, send it by PM if you feel the need, we run a GM staff Facebook page and they like to see our previous products.

If you need specific info, I'll ask for you to see if anything comes up.

Hi Do you have any information or knowledge of the driveshafts fitted to the Turner ranger tug, I have an operators manual that mentions them not being BLMC supply?

They were standard BLMC Mini shafts which I here had to be replaced fairly often as they were a tad under specified even on a Mini! Check suppliers of early Mini spares...

I reckon they were two mini front subframes with Triumph herald different?

Hi I also have a turner ranger and was wondering if anyone knows what driveshafts were fitted, I have broken the rear right hand shaft looking from the rear of the tug, it measures 11 7/8" long and has a 19 spline on the inner end and a 23 spline on the outer end. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

16146864824761120648194834606612.jpg

6 minutes ago, Dave Barnes said:

Hi I also have a turner ranger and was wondering if anyone knows what driveshafts were fitted, I have broken the rear right hand shaft looking from the rear of the tug, it measures 11 7/8" long and has a 19 spline on the inner end and a 23 spline on the outer end. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dave

I'd like to find out more about your Turner Ranger. I've been doing lots of research and I've put together a list of known survivors complete with registrations and chassis numbers where known. I'm more than happy to share this information with you.

Gareth

15 minutes ago, BlakesDen said:

Dave

I'd like to find out more about your Turner Ranger. I've been doing lots of research and I've put together a list of known survivors complete with registrations and chassis numbers where known. I'm more than happy to share this information with you.

Gareth

Hi Gareth. I take it you are the gentleman from Devon/Cornwall area, I can give you my Ranger serial number 'TR14307' I have owned it since Jan 2015.

It is fitted with an auto box and was featured in a YouTube video clip, painted yellow and green.

I was told that it spent most of its life at the tate and Lyle sugar warehouse in Greenock but couldn't confirm that.

I use it around the garden for moving my plant and equipment as it is very manouverable having 4 wheel steer. I also have an owner's manual for it if anyone is interested.

IMG_20210302_121602.jpg

2 hours ago, BlakesDen said:

Thanks David. Yes I've got that one on the list asusming it is this one 

I'll update my records to include that interesting bit of history.

I've love to see the owners manual. I've been the lookout for one for some time.

Hi Gareth, I have attached page 3 of the manual that explains all parts apart from the drive shafts and half shafts are BLMC standard components.

IMG_20210302_162335.jpg

Hi Dave

Thanks for the information. I must get myself a copy of the manual one day.

Your drawing of the driveshaft is excellent, I take it you are an engineer? I've looked through all the technical information that I have for Mini's and other than from 1959 to 1960 they all use 19 spline driveshafts. However it is 19 at each end whilst you have 23 at the inner end.

After a bit of searching I think they may be from a 1750 Allegro. This was fitted with the E series engine which is higher torque than the A series but still uses 19 splines at the driveshaft end which is the same as a Mini. I've only been able to find annecdotal evidence to confirm this from this forum 

WWW.TURBOMINIS.CO.UK

Outer CV's - pics and dimensions added | The Turbo Mini Forums

These were built in the 1970's so the dates tie in with Ranger production. Hope this helps!

Gareth

Edited by BlakesDen

• 11 months later...

Hi sorry reopening an old topic again

I have recently re-acquired  a Calor Ranger that my Dad owned before he passed away.

I am really keen to make contact with as many owners as possible and gather as much information as I can on the history of the ranger.

I have registered a web page and have an email that I can be contacted on as I am hoping to build a register of remaining vehicles their whereabouts and any specific history.

please get in touch if you know anything about these fabulous vehicles.

thank you

[email protected]

878BD08C-15E2-4469-9FFC-4E887A829DC0.jpeg

FF46C39A-2FFD-45EF-8A28-E3C45C85098F.jpeg

• Like 1