GreenMech's Manufacturing Pedigree.

PeteB

I don't know of any records to be honest. As far as attachments were concerned, they could be fitted with a Nuffield linkage front or back with PTO. I'm pretty sure that a tipper circuit was fitted too. A picture of yours would be good if you can, send it by PM if you feel the need, we run a GM staff Facebook page and they like to see our previous products.

If you need specific info, I'll ask for you to see if anything comes up.

17 hours ago, PeteB said:

I don't know of any records to be honest. As far as attachments were concerned, they could be fitted with a Nuffield linkage front or back with PTO. I'm pretty sure that a tipper circuit was fitted too. A picture of yours would be good if you can, send it by PM if you feel the need, we run a GM staff Facebook page and they like to see our previous products.

IMG_1858.JPG

IMG_1859.JPG

IMG_1860.JPG

IMG_1864.JPG

IMG_1874.JPG

Sorry, we do not have appeared to have any records available. We made some 250-300 of them and the where made under license from a Calor Gas design. Is yours kitted up with the gas bottle etc? With this one not fitted with any ag linkage or pto drive, I would think that this went into service as a tow tug (the bracket is there for a pin) and may have been used in a factory/distribution centre or possibly even as a airplane tow tug. The standard colour was a dull green and creamy white, yours being highway yellow throughs in another mix! I couldn't swear to it but that pale blue engine seems to remind me of the engine colour used by the MOD for their engines too. Is there any evidance of a registration number plate? 

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2018 at 18:40, PeteB said:

Hi Pete

Sorry for slow response, I lost the history for this conversation.

I found a chap in Cumbria who has restored his Turner Ranger (see photo) and he gave me the contact details for some other owners.

There is a collector in Devon who is collating info, owner names and any other contacts who might help us research these machines.  

Would you like to send me your contact details so we can have a chat?

30531409_10156075383565560_1572634900001980416_o.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hello

Sorry for reviving an old post but I'm a proud Turner Ranger owner too!

IMG_20180723_202922056_HDR.thumb.jpg.84b3dca56bcf6cb00755cc76f3a791e3.jpg

I've been trying to do some research into these interesting machines, and I have pulled together some information over the few years that I have owned it. From my research I believe that there are at least 18 still around but every so often another one pops up on eBay.

I believe that my Ranger started life as an industrial tractor as the chassis has yellow paint on it. I've got the cab too and it has a logo on in for a company called Aiton, I believe that this was a pipework company based in Derby.

I've added a few videos of mine to YouTube

Gareth

• Like 4

HI Gareth

I have lots of info from other owners, I am happy to forward to you or even have a trip to see your machine.  I am in Yorkshire, are you anywhere near?

17 hours ago, BlakesDen said:

Hello

Sorry for reviving an old post but I'm a proud Turner Ranger owner too!

IMG_20180723_202922056_HDR.thumb.jpg.84b3dca56bcf6cb00755cc76f3a791e3.jpg

I've been trying to do some research into these interesting machines, and I have pulled together some information over the few years that I have owned it. From my research I believe that there are at least 18 still around but every so often another one pops up on eBay.

I believe that my Ranger started life as an industrial tractor as the chassis has yellow paint on it. I've got the cab too and it has a logo on in for a company called Aiton, I believe that this was a pipework company based in Derby.

I've added a few videos of mine to YouTube

Gareth

• Like 1

On 31/12/2019 at 18:37, scbk said:

I would love to take one for a spin down the road (ideally in summer!) :bandit:

They weren't fast at all, which, in a twin steer us a good thing. They were really geared down to give loads of torque. Jonathan Turner, the MD at GreenMech, tells me that they used to drive it up the stairs at Smithfield to demonstrate it!

• Like 2