Huge Tree Milled in the Fens

Mark JD Adamson Limited

Giant Tree Uncovered

Some of you might find the following interesting. It relates to the discovery, excavation and saw milling of a giant bog oak tree in the Fens.

www.thefenlandblackoakproject.org.uk

follow on Facebook at:

Fenland Black Oak Project | Facebook

Very interesting project - are you connected with Adamson and Low (who are constructing the table)?

Alec

Go to the website, the gallery is top right hand corner. There are 3 pages of pictures of the milling.

That's some tree. And a lot of grunt work to mill it aswell. Nice find :thumbup:

Doh! Looked at website last night and didn't notice pages 2 & 3.!

Thanks Rich :thumbup:

Alec,

Yes I am connected to the project. My sister is the "Adamson" of Adamson and Low. I assisted my brother in law Hamish in developing the project strategy and plan and getting the project off the ground. Unfortunately a family bereavement has taken me away from things over the last few weeks. We will slowly build up the website and Facebook pages with more info over the coming days and weeks. We have been working on this project for a number of months and what has been amazing and not really fully appreciated is the that all of the plant & equipment, products and services have been provided free and the fact that the finished table once made will be housed and gifted to an appropriate institution for the public to enjoy. We have found the support and generosity of individuals and companies overwhelming especially given the current economic climate. An amazingly generous award winning film maker is filming the project and we hope to produce a small film/documentary at some point. We need as much support, both real and moral, to make this happen so please spread the word. Thanks, Mark

• Like 1