Is joining the FCA worth it ?

Been looking into joining the above and on inspection of the website noticed they are running health and safety courses on March 2010 !!

This really comes across as amateurish to me but some people on here may have first hand knowledge of being a member and of the benefits ? Thanks ..:001_smile:

I've been a member for several years now, personally I've asked nothing of them, but I know of contractors who they have helped out. It's a no frills association, it does what it says on the tin so's to speak, run by people who do the job too. I'll be renewing next year.

Thanks Andy .. the course was free btw ,shame they cant get someone to update their website .

Its worth it for the magazine alone. There are some interesting articles in it and helps keep you up to date (no pun intended with the health and safety course!)

Cheers,

Andrew

Seems my concerns are a little unfounded , all positive .

Thanks for the feedback Andrew :001_smile:

The website is a little out of date.

The mag you get every other month or so is very good. Lots of useful info in there. Good article about speed limits and MAM and dual purpose vehicles a little while ago.

I seem to remember that you can get legal advice from them if things go tits up too.

Oh and their best practice CD and risk assessments are quite good. I lost mine though.

I'm a member and i'll be renewing. Think you get an insurance discount too.

The FCA were'nt running the H&S courses - they were HSE events run by Forestry Commission trainers and usually run at 2 or 3 locations around GB each year.

I was an FCA member for a few years and found it was one of the first memberships to get culled when times got tough. That said, it's only £44 for the basic membership.