Decay dectection equipment

stevelucocq

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello David :001_smile:

The diploma is really good. A lot of work as you know but definitely worth the effort and total loss of social life. It certainly tests the knowledge I had, or thought I had in some cases and introduced me to some things I probably wouldn't have looked into otherwise. Coming from a largely woodland and rural tree management background I`ve found the urban management pretty interesting. I`ll be glad when it`s done but so far it`s an epic journey :thumbup:

It`s good to see your new climber seems to be getting into the job :thumbup1:

Hello David :001_smile:

The diploma is really good. A lot of work as you know but definitely worth the effort and total loss of social life. It certainly tests the knowledge I had, or thought I had in some cases and introduced me to some things I probably wouldn't have looked into otherwise. Coming from a largely woodland and rural tree management background I`ve found the urban management pretty interesting. I`ll be glad when it`s done but so far it`s an epic journey :thumbup:

It`s good to see your new climber seems to be getting into the job :thumbup1:

Yeah he knows he's on to a good number, he's certainly enjoying it, shame we didn't have the opportunity to expand the team at the time.

Glad to hear your enjoying the diploma, I certainly felt stretched but enthused at the same time.

Give me a shout if I you need any pointers with any of the units.

regards

David

Do you need an example from another type of decay equipment?

It's all sorted ta. Just got myself confused with that one!

Alinicoll - I had bunged in a Picus tomograph picture in, hence got referred on it :sneaky2:

It'll all be over in 5 months!

Yeah he knows he's on to a good number, he's certainly enjoying it, shame we didn't have the opportunity to expand the team at the time.

Glad to hear your enjoying the diploma, I certainly felt stretched but enthused at the same time.

Give me a shout if I you need any pointers with any of the units.

regards

David

Thanks David, much appreciated. :001_smile:

It'll all be over in 5 months!

Half way through already. it`s going really fast.

Don't wish it over too quickly fellas, you'll find you'll get ground rush in the last couple of months with loads of assignments left to do and little time to do them in.

Really important to keep on top of any re-subs if they start building up

Good luck :thumbup1:

Don't wish it over too quickly fellas, you'll find you'll get ground rush in the last couple of months with loads of assignments left to do and little time to do them in.

Really important to keep on top of any re-subs if they start building up

Good luck :thumbup1:

I`m so making the most of this.

Actually you`ve already helped in a couple of assignments...

...great fungi directory by the way :biggrin:

• 4 years later...

i was planning to resistance drill a tree due to the decay in the base to determine weather to fell the tree or give it a hair cut, but having problems finding the skinny drill bits anyone know if that is the best option and where i can get these??

i was planning to resistance drill a tree due to the decay in the base to determine weather to fell the tree or give it a hair cut, but having problems finding the skinny drill bits anyone know if that is the best option and where i can get these??

Sonic/impulse tomography is where it's at for mapping decay 😀 seriously though there is equipment out there such as the PD400 resistograph, Picus tomograph and Arbotom tomography unit that will provide you with much more information about the integrity of the stem.

I would recommend finding a local consultant or arborist that has the equipment to come and test the tree for you.

Edited by Paul Melarange