A new age in chainsaw milling dawns with the Granberg Flip and Rip

Rob D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool indeed Rob, I have only got about a weeks milling under my belt and I can relate to all your points.

I am going to go onto Aspen as our heads were spinning with the double 088 on a sunny day and I couldn't be otherwd setting up for vertical cuts!

I can see one of those coming north of the border when the times right:thumbup1:

When you get a sec Stevie can you put some pics up of your double milling set up? There's not many like that about.

:biggrin:

Mill a few lumps like that and its payed for! Will it run twin power heads or is the one ok as you have more control over the cutting speed? Shame you could not have had 1 at the apf for us all to leave grubby finger prints on.

I'm sure you could have the option of running x2 powerheads but for the 50" bar I think the x1 is fine.... it's such a strange feeling to mill so easily and then have a heavy plank to lift off!

Another bonus is you can leave 2 to 3 planks on the log and still milling as long as you're wedging the cut. In fact this is a bonus on the last few planks as the weight helps keep things steady.

:biggrin:

Well dammn me!

I wants.

I was doing a bit of home-work re bandsaws/chainsaw mills etc at the APF.

Good job I didnay buy owt.

But can I wait 2 years to the next APF, to buy the bloody big saw I will need offen Mr. Jones.

Mind only be for cutting Sitka, I can tell the Mrs.

I will build her a log cabin for us to retire to.

sigh