Arborist Agency Australia

ARB-MAN

Hi, I organised work through an advert on arbjobs. Sent them my cv and they agreed to meet me at the airport, show me town, take me to a hostal (own expense) and give me work! Just had to take my own equipment (which i would have done anyway). Also you could just choose where you want to go, then use a search engine to find companies in that area and give them a call or email to try and arrange work for when you get there. I found that lots of companies wanted a good climber. I'd go for a little longer than 6months if you can, good to save up some money then spend a few months traveling around.

ok cheers mate, due to commitments here in the uk i cant go for longer than 6months so i'll have to make the most of it.

what would be the average length rope used out there?

Hi, I organised work through an advert on arbjobs. Sent them my cv and they agreed to meet me at the airport, show me town, take me to a hostal (own expense) and give me work! Just had to take my own equipment (which i would have done anyway). Also you could just choose where you want to go, then use a search engine to find companies in that area and give them a call or email to try and arrange work for when you get there. I found that lots of companies wanted a good climber. I'd go for a little longer than 6months if you can, good to save up some money then spend a few months traveling around.

ok cheers mate, due to commitments here in the uk i cant go for longer than 6months so i'll have to make the most of it.

what would be the average length rope used out there?

at least youve chosen the hottest time of the year to work in OZ bro!!

Yeah straight from the british winter into the australian summer :confused1:

Should be interesting :thumbup:

I've got the oppertunity to go now so i'm just gunna go for it, will just have to grin and bear the heat.

at least youve chosen the hottest time of the year to work in OZ bro!!

Yeah straight from the british winter into the australian summer :confused1:

Should be interesting :thumbup:

I've got the oppertunity to go now so i'm just gunna go for it, will just have to grin and bear the heat.

Rope lenght really depends on the work the company has, I took a 50m poison. Too short to DRT a woodland eucy in the hills (first lateral available, and get the ladders out), and too long for alot of street trees (perfect for 25m trees, haha). Depends on your climbing style (srt/keeping rope tidy through the canopy/having enough rope to self rescue). I was happy with the length and my decision to take my own rope, i like to know it's history; however it is a large chunk of weight to take (also didnt take spikes). I'm sure the bigger companies will have alot of rope available, and in various lengths. Or you could get one while you are out there, treegear and atraes are two good suppliers who put alot back into the industry; a good 11m rope is around 5.50 inc tax per metre.

Hope that helps with your decision.

Rope lenght really depends on the work the company has, I took a 50m poison. Too short to DRT a woodland eucy in the hills (first lateral available, and get the ladders out), and too long for alot of street trees (perfect for 25m trees, haha). Depends on your climbing style (srt/keeping rope tidy through the canopy/having enough rope to self rescue). I was happy with the length and my decision to take my own rope, i like to know it's history; however it is a large chunk of weight to take (also didnt take spikes). I'm sure the bigger companies will have alot of rope available, and in various lengths. Or you could get one while you are out there, treegear and atraes are two good suppliers who put alot back into the industry; a good 11m rope is around 5.50 inc tax per metre.

What he said! But i wouldn't buy any kit here, get it from the states or uk, kit is so expensive over here, I went to buy a side case for a 66, 95bucks! you must be joking. . .

• 10 months later...