Hydraulic chainsaw

treequip

its nice to see old saws, wouldnt use them myself (due to the lack of safety features)..

i used to have a pneumatic chainsaw with a 43 inch danarm bar..

it never worked, but was a nice tool to look at, and it weighed a ton..

ill see if i can get a few pictures from the lad i sold it to..

should of kept the begger, as it was a nice show tool..

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I have been aware of these for quite some time but never gave them much of a thought till I saw this on one ebay for a shade over 50 quid. So out of curiosity, I bought it. One guide bar and chain later it’s on the log pile and going like a good un.

It hasn’t got the chain speed of a petrol saw but it’s luverly and quiet and the old David Brown will run it all day on a few quids worth of cherry with no vibration at all.

Way back in 1968 my dad bought an American made Wheel Horse garden tractor that had a baby one of these to go with it. Dad spent hours logging the 90% of willow trees that Gray-Nicolls didn't want (reversed artic miles down large garden, took 16' of 100' tree and left the rest where it fell for Daddikins to clear up. They did give us a few pennies for the cricket bat wood though). The saw was tiny but the 8hp engine did get it through a lot of wood. Great idea as long as you don't try to do the mowing at the same time.

how awesome is that. :001_smile:

Iv'e a 6m Husky pole saw thats Hydroaulic it's got plenty of poke, only down side is when your only doing low-ish stuff the pipes get snagged up on the ground ,it works off a 2 stroke motor on a back pack,i got it second hand years ago and would rather have a stihl one to swap between hedge cutter and saw head.

Iv'e a 6m Husky pole saw thats Hydroaulic it's got plenty of poke, only down side is when your only doing low-ish stuff the pipes get snagged up on the ground ,it works off a 2 stroke motor on a back pack,i got it second hand years ago and would rather have a stihl one to swap between hedge cutter and saw head.

is that yr mulcher & do you hire it /how much:001_tongue:

is that yr mulcher & do you hire it /how much:001_tongue:

Sorry it's not mine I just drive it, I know the agent who hires one out he lives near Hexham I'll PM you his phone no, if it's too far away he may know someone who's a bit closer to you. If you have no joy with him try Greemech - they have one out with the same set up as the Bankside chipper (can't remember the name - sorry!). Greemech may also know someone who will hire one.

We had the same machine at a company I used to work for, but I seem to remember that back pack was HEAVY, but damn fine tool all the same.